Saturday, November 17, 2007

Best laid plans......



I really tried to get the pillow sham done yesterday. Instead I cleaned bathrooms, did laundry and went Thanksgiving Dinner grocery shopping. UGH..... I hate spending almost $100 on food for one dinner. Of course, there is always something you need that doesn't get eaten. My daughter told me I needed a bigger colander. I have a small wire basket kind that works really well for our 3 member family. Of course, this is what I attempt to use at Holidays and I always end up with cooked potatoes in the sink.LOL... So I bought a new colander yesterday and of course I can't find my meat thermometer so I needed a new one of those, and then I had to have the themed napkins....

Today is the surprise birthday party for a very dear friend of the family. It is her 80th birthday. Our families were very close neighbors and we have stayed very good friends through the years. Joe and Jean had kids the same year that my Mom and Dad were having kids. We still try to get together at least one year for lunch or dinner at Olive Garden. I hope she will be surprised today. She even has family coming in from California and I don't know if she even knows they are here.

Tomorrow is the baby shower in Kansas City. Mom and I will leave home at 8am to travel to my daughters house to pick up her and my granddaughter and then on to KC. Shower at 1pm and hope to be able to drive all the way back that evening....I will be so tired on Monday.... I made the t-shirts for Grace and Jackson. This will probably be the last item I do with my embroidery machine. I am thinking of selling it after Christmas. I don't use it and if someone asks me or I volunteer to do some monogramming I put it off as long as I can. I am doing more and more hand redwork and really enjoy it.

Any thoughts on that?? Do you have an embroidery machine? Do you still enjoy using it? Want to buy one?? he he

Happy Sewing Day!!
(I will be eating cake, lol)
Nancy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,
I don't have a machine. I would much rather stitch by hand. I find that to be so relaxing.
Thanks for your visit.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Carolyn said...

YOU CAN'T SELL IT!!!!!!!
WHAT WILL WE DO???????????

Signed: Concerned Sister......

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

I understood every word of this...I ordered a hat from their website...or was that "C"at. Hmmm...
>"<~

Anonymous said...

Hey Nancy,
I didn't know you had KC connections??
I bet I haven't used my embroidery machine for a year or more. The last thing I made was a quilt label for a GS quilt and he is 15 months old now!
Marsha in Liberty, MO

Sweet P said...

I hope you had fun at the baby shower. I enjoy hand work too much for an embroidery machine.

I will be picking our Thanksgiving dinner at the butcher shop on Wednesday. For $29 I will get an 8 lb. ham, potatoes, stuffing, yams, 3 different vegetables, dinner rolls, pie and Cool Whip. It's a dinner for 8, but there's only going to be two of us so we'll have lots of leftovers.

Kim said...

Happy Thanksgiving Nancy! :)