Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas goodies....

I spent this morning in the sewing room cleaning it up so I could start on some Christmas goodies. I needed to make and wrap that pot holder I said I would make on Tuesday, but didn't and needed to wrap a another gift for my Redwork Club.

In the past few years I have made something small for all the women in my immediate family. They have received plastic bag holders. make up bags, pillowcases, and other things I don't remember....

I have been stuggling this year to find something I could make for 10. We range in age from 22 to (almost) 59. Today while making my potholder for my swap a lightbulb went off!! EUREKA!! I will make potholders for each of them. Well, now one of my sisters knows, but she won't know what it looks like.

These are for the swap!!



I used Insul-brite from my LQS, ribbon and rounded the corners. These make up very fast and would be great to give for a little something. Maybe tuck one into a plate of cookies, add one to a great serving bowl, or give one with a GC to cooking class.

I am off to make more.....

Happy Sewing Day!!
Nancy

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

YEA!! I'll keep the secret....


Your sis