Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Applause.....Applause.....

Last night I ventured out into the misty rain to watch my niece graduate from Ultrasonography Technician School....YEA MICHELE....
This is a 16 month program through a local community college.
She also got married and had a baby in there....
Today was her first day of work at a local hospital.. I am very proud of her (she is also my goddaughter).

Today I have baked peanut butter cookies and pulled all my cookbooks out looking for other cookie recipes. Suddenly I am in the mood to bake...I don't do this very often so I need to get going before the mood leaves me. LOL My sister is the chef, she loves to try new recipes and bake for special occasions. Me? I only do it if I have to and then try to bake things that I won't eat. I don't like peanut butter, so I am safe making peanut butter cookies. While digging through my recipe books of which I have maybe 10...I found my late mother-in-laws recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Cake. This recipe is very good, uses what you have on hand (if you keep pineapple on the shelf like I do) and makes just enough for 3-4 people.

I share it here with you -

Marions Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Preheat oven to 350 (325 for glass pans) Use cast iron skillet or 8 in round cake pan

Put 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar and put into heated oven (or microwave if using glass pan) to melt butter. Stir to mix. Add pineapple rings (save juice)on top with cherries in middle of slices.

In another bowl mix 3 egg yolks (save whites), 1 cup white sugar and 5 tbs reserved pineapple juice. Sift together 1 cup regular flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Add to egg mixture. Beat 3 egg whites until stiff and fold into egg and flour mixture. Pour into pan over pineapple.

Bake 45-50 minutes. Flip over onto serving plate.

YUM YUM!!

Bake to checking out my recipes.

Until tomorrow....
Happy Sewing Day!
Nancy

1 comment:

Melinda said...

The cake sounds great. The receipe is printing right now and I plan to make it this afternoon after guild meeting.