Sunday, December 2, 2007

Quiet Sunday....

Today has been fairly quiet. We (ok, I) decided that today would be Christmas decorating day. We get a live tree so that waits until just a few weeks before Christmas. Don't want a fire hazard!! But, I do like to put all the little "stuff" around and make the house look festive.

This is the mantle in the family room -



This hangs in the dining room -



This hangs in the front hall way -



And this hangs -




Oh, this doesn't hang anywhere. I made this in the sewing room this morning. It is a casserole cover made from one quilted scallop edged placemat from Kohls and one same size mat with Insul-brite inside. I put a loop on it and I will find a big button this week to stitch to the top. This will hold a 9x13 pan very easily.

I am glad almost all of the decorating is finished. I still have a few things to do since I didn't have any of the command sticky things, need some green string and some AAA batteries. Then all will be finished.

The coming week is going to be very busy. Tomorrow is the Christmas Party for the Pike-Lin Quilt Guild. We are to be there by 10 am with a quart of homemade veggie soup and an appetizer. We are to have a pot holder swap.

Tuesday is sewing day with Miss Nancy and Anne. It is also my DH and I 36th wedding anniversary.

Wednesday is Dr's appt. and some last minute Christmas shopping. Then dinner with my sister for her birthday on Thursday. She will go out Thursday night also, but that is a LONG story and you wouldn't believe it if I told you.

Thursday is Patches Redwork Club Christmas lunch at the Mother-in-law house. We will have a Red and White exchange.

Friday is OPEN....(right now)

Hope you had a Happy Sewing Day!
Nancy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Busy, busy, busy. You need to visit Lynette Anderson's blog, you've won the book you lucky duck. I was hoping I'd get that one, off to sulk......

Jenny said...

What to sew with me on Friday? he he Happy Anniversay!

Sweet P said...

Happy Anniversary! Make sure you do something fun that day!

~Bren~ said...

Your mantle and wallhangings are beautiful. Very festive!! Happy Happy Anniversary!! 36 years!! wow that is impressive!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,
How pretty. Thanks for sharing.
Elizabeth