Saturday, January 12, 2008

another one bites the dust....


I finished another needlework case. I bought some Dick and Jane fabric from a lady on SewItsForSale. SewItsForSale is a yahoo group that I help moderate. The group is designed for members to resell (within licensing agreements) items from their personal sewing stash. This can be fabric, patterns, books, etc....
I got this Dick and Jane fabric for $2/yard. She only had one yard, but that was plenty for another needlework case. And I have some left over. I did have to add the Michael Miller retro dots and the little black pocket on the front is from a polka dot swap a couple of years ago on Pat Sloan's yahoo group.





If you untie the top red ribbon, there is a piece of batting there so I can keep all my threads together. The bottom pocket will hold a pair of scissors with the red ribbon that ties through the scissor handles to keep them there. If you turn your computer upside down you will see the inside pocket made of Dick and Jane fabric.


I love this needlecase pattern. It is from Pat Sloan's website www.quiltershome.com and I sure have gotten my money's worth from this pattern. This is number 3 and I am thinking of making another one... Just not sure what fabric to use..

Happy Sewing
Nancy

1 comment:

Sweet P said...

Your Dick and Jane bag is adorable. But the shameless grandkids photos are even better.