Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Planets are aligned......

Jupitor is hanging with Mars, Saturn has her rings on and I am a happy camper....

I finally got into the sewing room. Was up early this morning, read email, read blogs and marched up to the sewing room with plans in my head.

First off, I found the batik's I bought to make Pat Sloan's needlework roll for my sister-in-law. wwww.quiltershome.com I pressed them and started cutting. I have the front and back cut, all three pockets made and attached. I can't go any further with it as I forgot to get the velcro for the sides.



This is the front with the front pocket and handles hanging next to it.



This is half of the inside with the thread pocket. The needleroll is actually twice as long, as these are folding in half. Pat designed hers for applique and since I use mine for redwork and carry a 4in hoop, I added fusible fleece as a layer between the outside and inside. You can't roll it up, but then the hoop would prevent that anyway..... I carry this everywhere and even use it on the couch as my work surface. I just bought some Dick and Jane fabric and plan to make another one for me. Probably should do that this week before I lose the pattern again.

Here is the first one I made and I use it all the time.





The stitchery and an alternative applique pattern are included. See the velcro on the sides? I just zip it up and carry it with me everywhere. The red circle is wool and was machine stitched on for a needle holder. Two big pockets inside and a third one for thread.
Want to order one? Hurry, cause Pat's going on a cruise and taking her entire shipping department with her. In fact, she is taking the entire Pat Sloan company with her....
OK!! Can you tell I love this needleroll!! LOL

Ok, are you ready?? This is the photo I snapped just now. This is how my DH surfs the net. On the UGLY couch....



off to make him a lucious Lemon Merinque Pie....

Happy Sewing Day!!
Nancy

5 comments:

Sweet P said...

Your DH is not that different from my DH. We have a sofa with recliners and both of us spend a lot of our free time sitting in the recliners surfing the internet.

I'm off to check out Pat's needle roll. I like yours and I bet one made with Dick and Jane fabric would be adorable.

Unknown said...

Ok I'll have a generous serving of the lemon meringue pie thank you, and how can you say that the couch is ugly. I think it looks lovely, very cosy and countryish.

~Bren~ said...

I like the couch too!!!

Melinda said...

I started one of Pat's needle rolls a couple of years ago and never finished. I just found it (thanks to reading about yours)and realized that over 1/2 the applique is done and it wouldn't take long to finish it. Of course, I still have to find the rest of the pattern and materials but I am on my way - thanks!

Sunbonnet Sue said...

Your Pat's needle roll are adorable.I love it with embroidery and I'd like so much to make one for me maybe with aplique like the original pattern.Can you tell me where I can find the pattern?Just because I readed in your blog someone coments that is an old Pat project.Can you help me?Please email me.
Congratulations to your Blog..It's amazing and I will visit you frequentally after today.*Ü* Hugs