Wednesday, January 30, 2008

UFO's found...


Just as I said, I went into the sewing room in search of UFO's. And HA! I found some. Not the kind in that photo above, but the fabric kind....

I keep all of my UFO's in a pile on the floor. No fancy, smancy polka dot container, basket or plastic container for me. Just the floor. I trip over them constantly. That is good. If I put them away, they will be hopelessly lost. I dove into that pile and found some black moda. Perfect for the first border on DH quilt. DONE!

I found a quilt top I put together last October at retreat. It was black and whites with pieced yellow stars. This will be a charity quilt for guild. It just needed a border. DONE!

I also found a smaller quilt top from "who knows when". It didn't need anything except a good pressing. DONE!

Grace's Christmas quilt was in the pile and along with it was the backing. It was already in two pieces and just needed to be pieced and pressed. DONE!

That is 4 DONE.... Now I can get some more stuff at Raspberry Patch tomorrow. That's how that works. RIGHT??

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well haven't you been busy, sure that's how it works. I've spent the day doing much needed housework.....ho hum boring... but that gives me all of tomorrow to play.

~Bren~ said...

That is exactly how it is done!!! You sure have been busy! I am so motivated to machine piece...That NEVER happens so I should take full advantage of it. I am such a handwork kinda girl that when I feel the urge to sit at a machine I need to go for it...it passes quickly!

Belvie said...

I love that thrifty storage system for your UFO's. And I hope you do some heavy duty shopping. You deserve it with 4 UFO's done!