Thursday, January 3, 2008

Update - Weaver Fever

I have decided that I "officially" have the flu. This is the first year in a long time that I didn't get a flu shot. I don't have small children, don't habitually watch small children, and don't work outside the home (OK, and I was lazy and really didn't think about it.) I will stay home today from Redwork Club, but have called Anne and she will be my absentee voter on what our theme will be this year. (Thanks Anne!, keep me updated!) I joined last March and the "theme" was already decided. Young Children. I didn't participate and they were ok with that, so I guess it worked out. This year my vote is for "personal series". Or in other words, Do Your Own Thing and share the results each month. I am still working on Winter Wonderland, and am starting two more....A Tisket, A Tasket and the one over on Bea's site. I don't NEED another thing to do.

Since last Saturday I have whined, fussed, slept and eaten pineapple. That's about it. Fresh pineapple is the best and not that easy to get in the Midwest in the middle of the winter. But DH has made it possible.

Finally, DH went back to work and I could get his fabric out of the trunk of my car and into the laundry. Here is the fabric and pattern he will get for Christmas. Hopefully it will continue to be a surprise.....






My thought is that this is the color combination I want in the family room. He will use this quilt on the couch in the family room. It won't match and he will buy me a new sectional couch in deep brown. HA...Linda said she wishes me luck!! LOL Well, guess what.....last night he was on the couch with his laptop on his chest. Don't ask me how he types laying flat on his back with the laptop on his chest, but he does. One of these days I will take a snap. ANYWAY....guess what he showed me?? UH HUH!! The Ashley Furniture home page.... He asked me which sectionals I was talking about. See LINDA!! I told you it would work!! And he doesn't even know about the quilt...

I am determined to get a couple of blocks traced today. I have soup in the crock pot and don't have any plans until I have to take the Rock Guitarist to get his hair cut after school.

Happy Sewing Day!
Nancy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww poor baby, I feel for you, nothing worse than gelling yuck. Love the fabrics you chose for dh, and what a lucky girl you are to have a hubby who wants a new sectional....lol.... Hope you start to feel better.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hope you feel better soon. I got my flu shot this year. I've had that flu too many times. It's a nasty thing to have.
Love your idea on the new quilt getting you new furniture. WOW I'm gonna have to give that one a whirl. LOL!!!

~Bren~ said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hubbies fabric!!!

Cheryl said...

Hope you are feeling better. I love your evil plan to get a new couch :-)!! Sounds like something I would do. Just found your blog.

Sweet P said...

I hope you're feeling better this weekend. I like the fabrics for the Weaver Fever quilt. It will be a great quilt.