Friday, January 11, 2008

Yummy, Delicious and from scratch.....


I can't remember where I got this recipe, but I am sure glad I snagged it ...

Lemon-Blueberry Cake

Cream together 1 stick of butter and 1 cup of sugar.
Beat in 2 eggs.
Combine with 2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Mix above with 1/2 cup of milk and 1 tsp vanilla.
Stir in 1-1/2 cups of blueberries(fresh or frozen). I also added some of the lemon zest. (yes, I used a real lemon)

Pour into a greased 8" square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. I actually had to bake mine at 350 for 1 hour before it was done in the center.

While cake is still hot, poke holes in it with a toothpick. Make a mixture of 1/4 cup (juice of 1 lemon) of lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar. Pour over top of cake.

This is a wonderfully moist cake. If you shared this recipe on your blog or know who did, please leave a comment so I can credit them. It is a great cake.

Happy Sewing
Nancy

No comments: