Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cabin Fever.....

I think I have cabin fever. It started with ice Monday afternoon, school was closed Tuesday and I couldn't get my car up the hill this morning. HELP!! Someone needs to come get me!! LOL

The Rock Guitarist had his band over yesterday to practice for a concert they are giving at school. Kind of like a Battle of the Bands (oh, I am dating myself there) Anyway they seemed to have a good time. They played some, (Thank G-- they don't play hard rock as the sewing room is right next door) and then asked for grilled cheese. Being the good mother I am, I made grilled cheese, kool-aid and chips, called them for lunch and left them to eat. That was a mistake.... apparently they were bored and went throughout the kitchen turning everything upside down. Tea pots, dishes, plates, my shoes on the floor, all the items in the pantry. I didn't dare open the fridge....

And they look so innocent, don't they???



While they were making music, I was making this.....



I had a bare wall in the back hall and while cleaning (ok, I only straightened it up so I could get in there) the sewing room, I found some chalk board fabric I had bought a long time ago... I also came across a yard of fabric on the sale shelf at the LQS that I loved and bought just because... SO... I came up with a menu/message board for the back hall. Cool huh??? I don't have any chalk or eraser (cause I can't get the car up the hill) but will soon. There are pockets along the bottom to store the chalk and eraser....

Today I am going to cut the second border for Weaver Fever and will post a finished picture here sometime soon. I was lucky and bought the fabric for the border (which I never do!) at the same time I picked out the quilt fabric and it's a good thing I did, cause she is out of it now. Come to think of it, I think I bought the rest of the bolt.....hmmm...just remembered that.

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

No comments: