Monday, March 17, 2008

I am obsessed with this quilt.....

I found this yellow leaf quilt at Sew,Mama,Sews blog and followed the links to the original one at Knitting Iris. I want to make this quilt... I am obsessed with this quilt. I have never had this affliction before. I have made many quilts that I am happy with. Most of them have been patterns by Pat Sloan, some by Teri Atkinson and other designers. Pat's quilt patterns are in almost every room of my house. I tell my DH that I am "being green" and that my quilts are doing double duty. Insulation and Beauty....Somehow I don't think he is buying it...

ANYWAY....Saturday I met my sister at the local Hancocks to help her pick out fabric for her new kitchen curtains. After steering her away from the toiles and solids and "safe" (read boring) fabrics she found a great bolt. Isn't this cool....



This is the actual folded curtains. She bought the rest of the bolt, so I made her

this work lunchbox....


I STILL had fabric left so I made her a hotpad... Then I stopped. I am keeping the rest for my stash...lol Hey, don't tell her, ok??

Now, back to the yellow leaf quilt...I found the perfect color yellow for the background. I knew I need 4 yards AND it was 40% off. Got it cut and then my sister insisted on paying for it. As a Thank You for making the curtains. Now you see why I made her the lunch box?? and the hot pad?? Now I need to find a good leaf pattern and get tracing. I haven't figured out how many leaves I need, but I sure have lots of scraps to use....

Today was quilt guild....I love this quilt guild....I have many new friends and today there was a wonderful chicken casserole for lunch.. Yea, this is one of the last of the great guilds where members take turns serving lunch... LOVE IT!!!



Here is Veronica and Bev standing outside one of the gift shops in Clarksville. We were a wee bit early so we stopped and looked around. They have the best stuff. There was a green and white rabbit toile plate that should have come home with me. Not sure how I talked myself out of it... I loved all the black/white decorations...



I almost got caught taking photos. I guess I should have asked first....???

Tomorrow Judy, over at Patchwork Times is hosting a quilting day....come join us and quilt all day... Check in with her a couple of times tomorrow and tell us what you are working on...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my gosh! The bag is totally COOL! Lucky sister...that fabric is amazing fun. Good thing she was shopping with you!

Carolyn said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE LUNCH BOX - I'll be the coolest kid at school :)

I'm trying to think of a way to use those scraps though!!

Thanks for using your talent to make me look good - I can't believe you left without the black toile - Your Sis