Saturday, March 8, 2008

It's a first.......

Tonight my baby has achieved a first. His first dance, his first car ride with friends(not parents) and his first curfew...... OUCH!!! I am not sure why it bothers me more with him than with the girls. Last week I called my oldest and asked her when her dad and I allowed her to drive in cars with friends. I was curious and too old to remember (hey, she graduated HS in 92, the same year the rock star was born). Daughter's response?? Ummm.....I was a freshman and the boy was a freshman and he had had his license about 2 months.....WHAT??!!! I let you do that??? "yes, mom" she said "you liked the boy"... She was surpised that the rock star hadn't staged a full out war about us driving him everywhere.... (Actually he never said a word and I don't think he cared.) So tonight we allowed him to go to the dance with friends, stay out til 11pm (the dance is over at 10pm so that gives them an hour to drive 7 miles) and even though he has a cell phone I promised not to call him....lol

I did however get some photos....



I should have gotten a close up of those shoes....Do you see her shoes?? They are the highest top converse I have ever seen!! AND with a fancy dress?? And of course not to be out done, the guys have fancy shoes on too......Can you see the skull/crossbones on the shoes on the right....(that's NOT my kid).
I got 4 photos that I will treasure for a life time..... I will upload them to Walmart and get multiple copies so the other Mom's can see them. Kids said no one else too pictures....

Ah....Youth.....

Cute!!!!

Well, it's 8:30pm and I need to go sit by the front door and wait for 11pm to come. I won't be able to sleep until he is home....

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

5 comments:

~Bren~ said...

It only gets harder to let them go!! Great pics!!

Sweet P said...

They are an interesting trio. I hope they had a wonderful time and the rock star got home on time.

Joanna said...

This is a great post! Goodness knows what I will do when my kids are teenagers. I think they're hard now, at ages 3, 4, and 7, but eveyone assures me it gets worse LOL! I had to laugh about the skull/crossbones shoes - my SIL bought my 4 year old some last year, and on some Sundays when we are hurrying out the door to church and can't find shoes, I have been known to put those darn skull shoes on him lol! And I just pray that his teachers at church either don't notice or don't care! Hey a kids's gotta have warm feet, right?!!

Mary Anne said...

Congratulations on making it through that night of "firsts"! You were so good not to call him!! .....and, I know what ya mean about those shoes!! (are we getting old? we're not getting old, right? no, of course not .....)

.....AND, that NICE package from you arrived at the post office this past Friday (but I wasn't able to pick it up until yesterday) THANK YOU!!!!! lots of fun stuff!!!!

Cleary (Cie) said...

I wanted to let you know that I recieved your Spring RR center in the mail today. I can't wait to work on it.
Huggs,
Cleary