Sunday, April 20, 2008

HELP!!!!




I have been looking at this block on my design wall for a couple of weeks now. Every few days, I add a piece of fabric and play with my graph paper. I can't figure out the second border. I like it on point since it is a basket, but can't for the life of me figure out what to put into the corner triangles. The center is so busy that a plain triangle with hand embroidered flowers looked really bare, I drew a feather quilt pattern on a triangle and thought to do it in redwork, but it looked wrong also. It is such a beautiful block and I don't want to mess it up.

Please comment or send me an email at quilt@centurytel.net and tell me your suggestion. I am lost......

Off to the sewing room to finish my messenger bag and get my stuff together for guild tomorrow. Also get something out for dinner.

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

2 comments:

SDQuilter said...

I love baskets! How about setting it on point with half a pointed dresden plate in each triangle. You could either make the points neutral and the background red or the other way around with a thin red border inbetween your borders depending on what you are thinking for the next border. You basket is lovely.

Mom said...

I agree - on point.
I'd make the colors of the outer border in the deeper tones -- burgundy, deeper red, medium tan.
What about less printed fabrics in the triangles, and a simple floral applique?