Sunday, April 20, 2008
It's done. I used THIS pattern. Here are the changes I made.
The pattern calls for fusible fleece. I used 100% cotton canvas and zig zag stitched it to each pattern piece. I personally don't like the looks of fusible fleece as it can wrinkle the nice fashion fabric. The pattern doesn't call for anything in the flap and next time I would use the canvas in the flap also. The pattern uses fusible (what did we do before irons?) hook and loop tape to close the flap. I didn't use anything. The flap is enough for me.
There is a zipper pocket inside. The directions call for you to make your zipper pocket out of two layers of fabric, then top stitch it into the lining. Since the whole zipper case was closed up and the edges finished, I top stitched on both sides and the bottom. Now I not only have a zipper pocket, but a pocket behind it.
After looking at the pattern I just realized that I sewed the strap on the wrong place. Guess I will be doing some "frog stitchin".
Here are the pics. Yes, that's me in the photo. Bad color as the light isn't the best in the guest bathroom. The photo of just the bag is closer to the correct color.
Off to frog stitch.....
PS..... just finished frog stitchin and the strap is on correctly now...