Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fresh Cut, Freshly Cut......


I got all the blocks put together yesterday. This pattern goes together so quickly. I love it. The pattern is called "Snapshots" and can be found in the book Happy Hour by Terry Atkinson. It is a smaller version of the cover quilt. (find the link in yesterdays post). I made 36 blocks from 12 FQ's and have very little scraps leftover. Terry really knows how to use all of the FQ's without waste. I found the fabric in Paducah during the quilt show and wasn't even aware of the line until a couple of weeks ago. Most of it is Fresh Cut by Heather Bailey for Free Spirit. There must be another line in there as I couldn't find all the prints at that link. I just picked some I liked together. This is Christmas quilt #4 of 6. Number 3 will be back from the quilter soon and this one will go to be quilted.

Tomorrow is a big day. Daughter #2 and her son are meeting me and we are headed to the St Louis Science Center. They have an Omnimax theater and Dinosaurs is showing, we will also see the zoo and have a picnic lunch. I'll be taking the camera, so be assured you will see pics....lol

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

4 comments:

Bren and Debi said...

I love that fabric. It is the same as what is in your header, right?
Can't wait to see the pics of your field trip...my kids will love it!

~Bren~ said...

Darn it, I have done that 3 times now...wrong account. the 1st comment was me!

Carolyn said...

Is that the one for Granddaughter #2?? I love the fabric!! Have fun at the Science Center tomorrow with O and K!!! Picnic in the park will be fun too!!

Your Sis!!

PS: I set up a target registry so you and K could see what I like and I can keep track of it.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Nancy - your quilt is just lovely, the fabrics are beautiful I think I will have to go and buy a copy of this pattern...thankyou..