Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Answering Services DO WORK....and customer service lives...

I am not a buyer... When I first started to quilt and sew I would purchase fabric just because I liked it. Most of it wasn't quality fabric and I passed it on to a home school group that was happy to get it for practice pieces.

Disclaimer - please know that the person picking up the fabric was aware this wasn't what I consider quality fabric. I personally believe you should use the best quality fabric you can afford...ok off the soapbox...

ANYWAY!! Now I purchase fabric for a specific project. This means I purchase smaller amounts and not that often.

Patterns however are a different thing. I will buy a pattern at the drop of a hat. I want ALL of them. I have redwork patterns, sewing patterns, scrub patterns, quilt patterns, baby girl dress patterns, purse patterns, books with patterns. I LOVE THEM...

So, yesterday I was reading a blog and got sent to another blog which led me to write a comment and ask where to get her newest pattern. I fell in love with Double Takes II. I have been hankering to make myself a red and yellow quilt for some time now and although I haven't started buying fabric, I have found the perfect pattern!
Thank you to the designer Heather Mulder Peterson. She is not a new designer, but is new to me as a designer. I hope you will go over and see her designs. They are extraordinary. Alas, no link to order the pattern. After a quick inquiry in her comment section, I received an email back from Heather to tell me that lots of stores carry her patterns. oh... So off I go to google it and sure enough,Quilters Warehouse comes up a couple of times. Off I go there. So like Vicky I poked a few buttons. (if you read her regularly you know how she can poke those buttons, even when sick,lol)

So what happened??

I poked the wrong button...

Silly me.

I wanted to order Double Takes II and I poked the button next to Double Takes I. Damn.... now what... I really don't need two patterns...

I click over to my email and just that quick there is an email with information on my order and an 800 number to call if you screwed up. It says call ASAP as they might be already fillling my order. I tripped over the dog to get to the phone. Well, turns out that Quilters Warehouse acutally does close but I got the nicest lady at their answering service. She said she would leave a message and QuiltersWarehouse would email me in the morning. I couldn't wait. I called at 10:02am.. Heather answered and I started to explain what I did last night when I was poking buttons. She said "Is this Nancy?". "Yes...." I said very warily...
"We were just talking about you!" she says. "we just got your message from our answering service and have changed your order" "You did?" I say.. "yes, your invoice will show the wrong pattern, but your package will have the correct order".

THANK YOU HEATHER AND QUILTERS WAREHOUSE... What great customer service...

If all customer service was this good, I might poke some more buttons...lol

I guess I better start collecting some fabric....

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

2 comments:

jacquie said...

isn't that wonderful. a bunch of business folks could learn a lot from them!!!

Sweet P said...

What an excellent comment on customer service. They should be giving lessons.