Monday, September 29, 2008

My weekend.....

Pat Sloan scheduled a "virtual label making retreat" this past weekend. Her goal was to get a lot of us to clearly document those gift quilts we so love to make. I am guilty of not labeling my quilts. I always thought my quilts were finished once I put that last hand stitch in the binding. Now I know that a good label is the finish all quilts need. Anyone that makes quilts, either for yourself, family or friends should hustle over to her blog and start reading the posts starting last Friday... You will get all the inspiration and ideas you could possibly need....






These are the labels I finished Friday...three of them were made, written on and sewn on their quilts.
Today I plan to sew labels on DH quilt and make the two labels I need for the grandsons Christmas quilts. One I can sew on, the other will have to wait until it is back from my FABULOUS quilt Pat P.
Then I am going to get started on a few of these bags... I think these might make a great bag for some Christmas presents. I won't make them from Christmas fabric and then maybe they will be used all year round....

Saturday DH, Rock Star and I cleaned out the garage, washed it down, etched it and then Sunday while I was playing with Miss Abbie he did THIS....

We had an ordinary concrete garage floor and now we have a masterpiece. It looks perfect...


Well off to sew...and iron some of DH dress shirts...and make an apple pie for DH..

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Too bad that quilt I gave you didn't have a label :( And I wish I could remember who gave it to me.

Love the drawstring bag - very cute!

Your sis - Carolyn

Purple and Paisley said...

wow - your labels look great - thank you for the link telling about them...=)...ps. you have beautiful handwriting! =)

Sweet P said...

Great job on your projects. I love your garage floor. Would Rock Star like to come visit me and help me do my basement floor?

PS - If you send the apple to me, I'll eat it.

jacquie said...

love your labels and the floor is amazing!!! hard to believe it's in a garage.