Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Speechless.....

Very seldom am I speechless. It happened once yesterday and here is the complete story...

Yesterday was MY housecleaning day. I started around 9am and got busy upstairs. After dusting, wiping, spraying and scrubbing the upstairs was finished and I came downstairs to start in. It was a mess...

I started in the dining room, went into the living room and then it happened. The doorbell rang. Standing at my door was the mail lady. She had a bundle of mail the likes I have never seen. Package after package was heaped into my arms. Of course, I was completely embarrassed. Here I was totally unshowered and in my cleaning clothes...I am sure I looked and smelled heavenly..NOT!!

I received a book I had ordered from PaperbackSwap, a fabric panel I bought on line from SewItsForSale, Hubby got a couple of packages and then down at the bottom of the pile was a HUGE package.

Opening up this package....


Revealed this package-with cute black and white polka dotted bow..


First out was this darling little bucket...In my favorite red/white/black..This has become my new redwork project holder on the couch. It fits everything perfectly.


Then I pulled out this beautiful purse....The inside is all in polka dots with a pocket and it has a magnetic snap..and it's quilted in diamonds. Very pretty... this was a pattern in the Australian magazine called Homespun. Loraine had a photo of this on her blog and someone at the magazine saw it. They contacted her and it will be featured in the magazine under the "look what I made from one of your patterns" section... Isn't that cool? My purse will be famous.


Oh, look what is inside... Linda fairly swooned when I told her these were in the bag...she called me spoilt..


Then there was THIS!! This is absolutely stunning, gorgeous, wonderful, thoughtful, perfect, beautiful....did I say stunning?? It has perfect hand embroidery, machine applique, and is quilted. I can't wait to show it off at Redwork Club and Quilt Guild...


I can't say enough about it....

Now who sent me all this?? How did I get all these goodies in my mail? First, I joined Linda's bag swap.
Then I was lucky enough for Linda to pair me up with the wonderful blogger, Lorraine. Lorraine sent me these goodies all the way from Australia. She did an absolutely amazing job. Click over to her blog to see more wonderful projects.

I have sent her a private, positively gushing thank you, but here in public I would like to say THANK YOU LORRAINE....I love everything...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

PS..if you double click on the photos, they should show up in a new window as a closeup.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Well ain't that the truth, you speechless....lol.... and I still say your spoilt rotten.... but such beautiful gifts from a very generous lady. so glad you enjoyed the swap......

Carin said...

WOW! What beautiful bags

crafty diane said...

My, are you so very lucky! Those are all beautiful bags, but I have to agree that the big one with the embroidery and applique is simply stunning!
Have a Blessed Day,
Diane

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Nancy...gorgeous gifts.

Pat said...

Wow! They are all so lovely. You are a very lucky lady.

Sweet P said...

Awesome goodies.

PS - I love the photo of Abbie on your side bar.

Granny said...

WOW! I want your mail lady to come to my house. The bags are so cute!

Lorraine said...

Nancy - I am so pleased you liked your bags....I had fun planning and then stitching.......the bag with the stitchery is a Leanne Beasley design called "the Waverley Bag"....and the smaller bag is the Princess Bag and was featured in the latest Homespun magazine.....thank you for your kind words - I really enjoyed this swap and a big thank you to Linda for organising it .... the pics I have seen of bags that have been received have been amazing....! It was my pleasure to make the bags for you......it is fun packaging up gifts to send to friends .......!

Nancy Page said...

Wow and wow again!!! These wonderful. Congrats and I look forward to seeing the bags and bucket. What a lucky day for you.

Solstitches said...

Looks like bag heaven to me.
I love them all but especially the Leanne Beasley one.
Linda dreamed up a great swap.