Sunday, October 19, 2008

Deutsch Country Days....

DH and I took off to Marthasville this morning to the Deutsch Country Days. It was a beautiful day. Sunny and in the 70's.
The trees haven't really peaked yet. It hasn't been cool enough... We met his sister Carole and her husband. Carole is the reason I started machine embroidery and then quilting. It's all her fault. Over the years our tastes have developed and she is more into the arty quilts and I'm not...lol

The photos are fairly self explanatory...

The view from the parking lot...



We ate German Sausage, corn on the cob and shared a funnel cake. I bought the Rock Star some rock candy and DH bought him some home made Root Beer.
All the fresh air and walking made me fall asleep on the way home. We had a great time and hope to go back next year...I will wear walking shoes next year.

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

1 comment:

Sarah Mae said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun - I wish I could go to something like that! I do, however, live in "Dutch" land!