Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ok, Please stop.....



We voted. At 6am. We were not the only ones there and now I wish I would have taken my camera. The line was at least 100 ft long. We had to park across the street in a new subdivision and cross a 2 lane highway in the dark.... We did it the ol'fashion way. With cardboard placards separating us, paper ballots and ink pens to fill in the circle.

So, now I am looking forward to the commercials and phone calls stopping. I will NOT be watching the returns tonight. I will packing for my last retreat of the year which starts next Monday....Miss Nancy and I are off to a lovely state park in Illinois for 3 days of sewing, eating, talking and sharing.... I have attended this retreat for the past 8 years, this will be Miss Nancy's first trip.... I can't wait...

Last time I went on retreat, I had a contest (click here)to see who could guess how many projects I would get done. Should we do that again? Maybe I can get Miss Nancy(no blog) to list her projects here and we can do two giveaways??

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be voting a little later today - yea for you - "The Early Voter"

2 Contests will be nice -
I really love to read your blog

As far as retreats go - you are soo lucky to be able to go, enjoy each day and know some of us live vicariously thru you

Again - I really enjoy reading what you are doing

Carol (in Rural Western NY)

Pat said...

Yes...have a contest. Are we supposed to guess how many projects you'll finish NOW? If so, I say you'll finish 4 and will have a good bit done on a 5th. :) I'm going on a week-long retreat this Sunday with 10 other gals to an oceanfront house in the Outer Banks of NC. I'm really looking forward to it and am busy getting projects lined up to take with me.

Pat said...

Oh...forgot to say...we voted when our polls opened at 7...had to stand in line for a half hour, which wasn't too bad. I, too, will be happy with NO MORE political ads. There should be a time limit AND a spending limit on this stuff....two years and millions of dollars is crazy and very wasteful...almost sinful, in my opinion, when there are many in this country who struggle to get health care and put a roof over their heads. Yet...these politicos spend oodles of money and don't think twice about it. *sigh* (Sorry to rant...it just totally aggravates me.)

Unknown said...

Oh you lucky duck, a retreat. What I'd do for a retreat. Maybe next yeah huh!! Of course you should have a contest, silly woman......lol....

antique quilter said...

I voted walked in at 7 10 am and voted, no line
today it really pays off to live in a small town!

ok my guess is you will finish 3 projects and make progress on your 4th and 5th!

Have a great time