Friday, November 28, 2008

We weren't going to.....

Black Friday....brings shudders to me brain. I remember very well standing outside ToyRUs, at 4am, in the cold, when the girls were little and dolls and must haves were on sale... I really kind of liked it then. Of course I was a wee bit younger then too...

This year the Rock Star WORKED Black Friday. He works at Circuit City and is their number two top seasonal seller. This is the perfect job for him. He is a tech junkie and loves talking to people about cell phones and video games and lap tops and other stuff I don't understand.
He went to bed last night at 7pm so he could get up at 2am, to leave by 3am, to be at the store by 4pm for the store to open at 5am. (He worked Wednesday night until midnight putting stock out for today) He was actually looking forward to today. I roused at 2am to make him a hot breakfast before he left (fried egg sandwich). He got off at 1pm and he is now sound asleep... His band plays tonight at 8pm so he is gonna be tired tomorrow.... and he works at 7am....poor kid!!

I checked all the ads yesterday and decided there wasn't anything I needed, so of course by 8:30am hubby and I were on our way to Wal-Mart LOL.... We didn't get anything though. Just like the ads, nothing was really needed.
We headed over to Lowes to get some stain for a project he is working on and ended up buying an artificial Christmas tree. We have always had a real tree. My hubby hates artificial trees. I was ok with the real tree, but hated the fact that we paid so much for a tree and could only have it in the house for a week before it would start shedding needles and making a mess. And for the last 4 or 5 years the trees haven't smelled like trees. They have absolutely no smell at all. So now we have a huge box in the living room and Sunday we will spend the day putting up the tree, lights and decorations. I am psyched. No needles to vacuum up, no water all over the carpet, no nasty tree to try and get rid of.... and the decorations can be enjoyed longer than a few days....

Off to the sewing room...

Nancy

2 comments:

Pat said...

Your son sounds like a really nice, ambitious kid....good for him! (And lucky for you.) As for the tree, we were hold-outs for years. We used to go to the tree farm with the kids in the fall and tag a tree and then go back for it around December 20. Like you said, it couldn't be up very long...even with constant watering. I like to have it up through Epiphany (Little Christmas, as some call it) and with our artificial tree, we can easily do that. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new tree.

Carin said...

You are a great mom to get up and get him a good breakfast I would have pointed him in the direction of the instant oatmeal LOL!!