Sunday, February 1, 2009

Chick Flick and sledding....

Took off to see "Bride Wars" yesterday. I really like Anne Hathaway. This is a different kind of role for her (you will see her bump and grind like the best.) Cute story line that was a bit slow at the start, but was funny and had a surprise ending that I didn't see coming. Well worth it Chick Flick...
And just how do they make movie popcorn taste so good. I don't add butter or sale or any of the other 7 seasonings they had on the table, but I even bring the leftovers home to enjoy cold...LOL

Went to Hancocks and found the perfect fabric for the sneak peak project. I hope to get it cut and start some sewing on it today.

Also went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and found a kitchen timer (DH always wants to make popcorn in the microwave while I am baking and using the timer), a water thermometer so I don't kill my bread yeast and a container for the dog food. On rollers no less!! LOL... Did you know that Bed, Bath and Beyond coupons don't expire and they WILL take more than one coupon per customer. They will accept a coupon for each item. My sister gave me two of her coupons so I got 20% off two items. Not bad!

She got a steal...bought two table lamps and a floor lamp. Regular price $99 on sale for $59 and then she used another 20% off coupon...

Not much else going on here. Temp in the 50's yesterday so the snow is almost all gone. I am glad cause I get my hair cut Monday and my little VW bug doesn't make it out too well on snow and ice.

No photo today, so here is my son (on the right) and his friend sledding last week. Well, I should say they tried to sled, but wasn't very successful. If I knew how to get a video up I would show you a couple that I took, but I can't...so here is a pic...


Yes, those are trash can lids. LOL We sold out sled when we moved here. Didn't think at 16 he would use one, but guess I was wrong. They eventually borrowed the neighbor kids, but still couldn't get the hang of it...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

3 comments:

Pat said...

Sounds like you had a really great day! Thanks for sharing. Too funny about the Rock Star and the trash can lid sled!!!

Shelly said...

For a day that there wasn't much going on--hmmmm, sounds like you had plenty of fun. After all, what could be better than going to a GOOD movie, going shopping, getting discounts, and watching your son TRY to sled? We always used trash can lids to sled with --of course that was back in the days of metal lids.
~Shelly~

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have snow and we have a heat wave...