Saturday, February 21, 2009

I went orange spotting and ended up with red and white....

Well, it is 5pm central time and I have changed into "going out" clothes twice now. I had plans to clean the sewing room and stitch some more OP blocks, but DH had different plans. We started the morning paying bills on-line, running errands in town and then he decided he needed some work clothes. So off to the Mall we went...of course we had to make a quick side trip to RED Orange Lobster for a bit of lunch...then on to Pennys for their once-a-day sale.
I spotted ORANGE Everywhere. The cheesy garlic rolls were orange, my little cup filled with tartar sauce was orange, at Pennys the whole kitchen department was full of orange dishes and glasses and me with no camera.....
I even got him to take me to the local fabric store for some heavy duty fabric to cover my ironing board. I looked for orange ticking, but had to settle for red and white. It looks nice with my red curtains....



So I am off to make a coconut cream pie (DH favorite) and then sew some blocks...

Comments on the giveaway post will close at 8pm. I will announce the winner at 9pm (central time)

Good Luck everyone...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

1 comment:

Pat said...

Oh, coconut cream...haven't had that in ages. YUMMMMMM.......

Your new ironing board cover looks nice...so fresh and clean. Enjoy your pie tonight.