Sunday, February 8, 2009

Quilt Shop goodies, winnings and a new project....

Oh, where to start...
Let's start with the quilt shop goodies. This is what hubby watched me purchase Friday night. These fabrics have a special project just waiting for them. Not saying now, but it will be damn cute..... Afterward we went to a new to us GREAT restaurant...It's called Tony's on Main and is in historic downtown St Charles. OMG, the steak was delicious. I got the potato soup and then of course doubled my carbs and ordered the au gratins.. I "almost" couldn't finish my dinner...but I wasn't leaving any of it .. LOL



So then Saturday we decide to follow that with breakfast at Denny's and a tromp out into the wilderness. We are searching for our retirement land. I already have floor plans, just need a place to build them. We found 40 acres, lovely woods, on a hillside, a creek along the side and NO place to put a road...I mean really....no place to put a road into the property. All uphill. -sigh- We will continue to look...

Then a bit of Saturday sewing took place. I read the Lazy Girl Blog and when I read THIS entry, I knew it was for me... I followed THIS link and picked Quilters Warehouse to order from. They take paypal and I like that..
I HATE zippers. I have zipperphopia. Really!! They never look right. They always have lumps and bumps in them..This pattern takes all the work out of zippers. There are 3 sizes to choose from. I made the small and medium size because that's the color zippers I had on hand, but I see a trip to the zipper store soon...LOL
Are they not the cutest things? Soooooooooooooo many uses for these. Redwork, sewing on the go, make up bags, kids pencil bags, diaper/wipe holder, and so many more... The little one is made out of the fabric that Bren sent me! Isn't it the cutest thing? And then of course I needed a red and white one for my redwork!!
Wonder how big the large one will be. I didn't have an 18 inch zipper to try that size.


Then DH decided he was going to fulfill one of his Christmas gifts and we headed down to Lowes to look at lighting for my sewing room. Wow!! What a lot of choices. We finally found the right fixtures and the daylight bulbs and today I will help him install them. I can't wait. My sewing room is one of the extra bedrooms and only has that small overhead light. I constantly have shadows on my cutting table and ironing surface and hopefully this will help. LET THERE BE LIGHT!!! LOL

So of course, then it was dinner time and we headed over to Culvers. I had never been there, but the chicken sandwich was really good. The onion rings weren't anything to write home about.... DH said he wasn't too hungry so he only had a strawberry shake and chili cheese dog...LOL

The mail lady brought me some goodies yesterday. I was surprised to see a squishy in my mailbox as I had forgotten that I won a giveaway from Amy at Creative Chicks at play. I love my forgetfulness. It's such a treat when I find something this cute in my mailbox....

Yes, it's a doll quilt and came complete with a little pillow and pillowcase to match. BUT, I don't have any dolls and this is NOT going to a grandchild so it now has a place on my sewing room wall where I will see it every time I sew. Haven't quite figured out how to hang the pillow, but I will!! Then Amy added some lovely fabric....

Maybe some more Lazy Perfect Pouches..???

Well, DH is back from the shooting range so I need to get my butt in gear and eat breakfast so I can some light in my sewing room....

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your spots, is it for me?....lol.... Sounds like you had a day of meals out, lucky you. New lighting, that should make stitching so much better.

Shelly said...

Ooo Nancy, you lucky thing--fabric and no cooking and new lighting?! How wonderful can life be. I love the dots!!! Making something for me maybe? Hmmm doubt it, but there's always hope!
Shelly

Pat said...

Now, Ladies...maybe it's for me! LOL Lovely fabrics...lovely package...nice meals out...new lights for your sewing room. What a GREAT time you are having!!! I'm glad!

Kathy said...

Cute little bags you have made and I love those dots too!

Sounds like you had a great day out and some good eats!

With that new lighting, you can really get some bags made!

Val said...

Oh gosh but have been saying forever I am going to tackle little zippered pouches. You have given me zipper courage! Love the polka dots. I will look forward to seeing them "materialize", no pun intended, LOL!

Sweet P said...

Love the polka dots!