Monday, February 23, 2009

ssssshhhh........ton't dell.....

I have been really working hard on this OP challenge. Come on, this is WORK. I finally decided to take a break and close my eyes...

Imagine my surprise when I opened them..



Um...do you think I had one too many of those orange Budweiser's??? So, I did some frog stitching and OK this is better....


See, there is supposed to be a pattern here...

umm...not quite perfect yet... LOL

Ok. I think this is it... all 12 blocks. Now on to the sashing. I have decided to do all white sashing to match the centers. Jury is still out on the SIZE of the sashing...3 inches seems about right..and I need to cut it tomorrow or Tuesday so I can take it with me to retreat this weekend and finish it. Of course I also have two other kits already cut to take...LOL



And Saturday when I was dropped off at the corner of Main, I found this fabric that said it would play very nicely with the left over fq from the OP. I bought a yard of the polka dot and I only have a FQ of the other. Aren't they pretty together. Wish I could find more of that beige and orange...



I have stopped working on the OP tonight. I want to watch the Academy Awards. I had heard there are some surprises on the show tonight. I love all the dresses and there was quite a bit of orange, Heidi Klum looked like she had on orange. And then there was Micky Rourke..what a comeback kid... I haven't seen any of the nominated movies of course. We seldom go to the show. In time, they will all come to HBO..and be free...and I can make my own popcorn... and watch in my jammies...LOL

Off to get some coconut cream pie or maybe popcorn would be more appropriate and OH!! one of those orange busweiser's....

Happy sewing,
Nancy

14 comments:

Lorraine said...

those blocks are looking awesome.......well done....hope you have fun getting ready for the retreat.......and of course fun at the retreat!!

Trudi said...

The blocks are SO gorgeous and fresh Nancy :o) I'll be thinking of you on retreat, as I work through my own projects on my own retreat in the UK - Happy Quilting and watch out for those Orange Buds... hehe

Anonymous said...

Hey Nancy,
The orange blocks are really nice.....! Good job. Want to make another one for your "good friends"? hee hee.....
Bev

Roselie said...

Wouldn't you know it, I finally win something and I miss the deadline. I have a really bad toothache and am going to the dentist today in about 20 minutes to have a root canal done. Fell asleep and totally didn't think about checking the blog. Maybe next time. The bags are awesome.

Roselie

Pat said...

LOVE your blocks...and I knew you had too much of the Budweiser when I saw the spelling of your title for this post......"ton't dell" instead of "don't tell".....hehehehe We rarely see the nominated movies until they are in DVD....so we are with you on that one!

Unknown said...

Great blocks Nancy, I see you stuck with the one colour block. I love that beige and floral fabric you have. So what's the plan fop that and the dot?

Unknown said...

Oh I just went through and read the other comments and swa Pat's then I had to check the title of the post.... hmm how many of those Bud's did you have???.....lol...

Shelly said...

OK I wasn't sewing in this OP and I didn't have any of those orange Buds either; but I didn't notice the spelling either! Good Lord, did you get us all tipsy through blogmosis? The blocks look great. I agree 3" white between them will really pull this whole quilt together beautifully.
Good Job Nancy!
Shelly

Stitched With Prayer said...

Nancy, the new fabric is wonderful. The orange polka dots and the daisy fabric, to die for. Really nice. Your blocks are coming together so beautifully. I can't wait to see the finished project. Be careful though, don't sew one of those orange Budweisers into the mix. ***wink***

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt.. and love the daisy print fabric..
Could I have one of those orange beers too? I could sure use one about now :)

Brenda said...

You are on a roll there Missy! I love that cream fabric with the white daisies w/ orange centers. It really is perfect for that dot print. Can't wait to see the completed OP, I bet it'll be stunning!

lesthook said...

I love the daisy fabric! Also glad to know I am not the only one that mixes up the blocks,LOL!

Nikki said...

I have that fabric too, just sitting and waiting for the right project. I love it so much I may never cut into it. Thanks so much for visiting my blog every now and again!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.