Thursday, February 19, 2009

whew!!

Ok, I got all the cutting done for my great nephews quilt (gosh, that makes me sound ancient). I'm not really old enough to have a niece that is having a baby. I mean really, those kids can't be that old.... Anyway, I have all the strips cut for the triple irish chain. It is supposed to finish 51x51. It's always fun to finish a quilt and see how close mine is to what it is supposed to be the finished size. I never quite get it perfect. Oh well....no one else in the family sews so they never know...

I also got all my house blocks done for my quilt guild BOM. Here is my 50's house block -




And my cowboy bunkhouse block -



And all 4 together...



Two more block number 9's and I will be all caught up.

AND look what came in the mail today!! Homespun magazine from Australia. And not just any Homespun, but one with MY PURSE in it. Granny Loz was my swap partner back last year and I blogged about the gifts she sent me here. Somehow Homespun saw the black and white purse on her blog and since it was a pattern from their magazine they asked if they could have a photo and feature it in their Mailbag...





I almost burned DH eggs trying to find the page fast enough.... DH wasn't impressed. He said "You didn't MAKE the bag, why are you so excited". Well duh! It's MY BAG NOW!!

I can't wait for 7 o'clock tonight. DH will watch FOX news and I will make a cup of tea and read the whole magazine...and then maybe start over again....

Thank you Lorraine. It was so nice of you to send it to me...

Gotto go check the Rock Star. His GIRLFRIEND is here and they are in the music room (with the door open), but I still pop my head in every now and then...after all he is only 16..and we all know how 16 year old hormones are!!!

Happy sewing,
Nancy

9 comments:

Pat said...

WOW....how NICE that the bag you did is in that magazine! Thanks for sharing that happy news with us. I also love your house blocks with the fun "people" in the doors. Tell DH he can put up with a delayed meal (or burned eggs) once in awhile...because how often does his spouse get something of hers in a magazine!!! LOL

Noel said...

that is a really cute quilt! Are there four blocks total to the quilt or will you keep repeating your pattern to make it bigger??

Janell said...

I absolsutely love your blocks. The way you have the kids peeking out is delightful-you make me want to start a similar quilt. And I understand your excitement about the purse-I'll try to find the magazine so I can look "up close and personal".

Anonymous said...

That is some of the cutest house blocks I've seen...
I'd be excited about my bag being featured too.. you just never know when you post a blog.. I know a woman that started a year of crock pot recipes and ended up on Rachael Rays show and is now being paid to do up a cook book.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nancy, I am a lurker, but I do read and enjoy your blog. That is so exciting that your purse is in Homespun. Have a great day!

vickie y said...

How cute are those house blocks! You are too clever. I have Great-Nieces and Nephews, and even Great-Greats! Holy cow, that really makes me feel old! Of course I became an Aunt when I was 6, thanks to much older sister!

Vickie

Lorraine said...

Love your house blocks....and pleased the magazine arrived safely....it is fun to see something you own in a magazine....!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

That little cowboy peaking out is just adorable!
HAve a great weekend.
Patti

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

How exciting you see your own pattern in print and a major magazine. You must be so proud.