Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Who's Rocko....

Conversation between my daughter (K) and her son who is 5 (O)

O - Mom, what's up with this Rocko guy.

K - Who is Rocko? Is he someone in your class at school.

O - No, come on Mom. You know, he is on TV. Everybody likes him and makes a big deal.

K - Well, I don't know who you are talking about. What show is he on?

O - On TV - Rocko! Mom...You know!!! Rocko Bama....

K - Laughing.............

His sister is just as cute. Her favorite movie right now is "The Wizzer of daOZ"..
She especially likes how the buttons on Dorothys dress show up when "it gets the color part". LOL She laughs and points and yells "Look, there are her buddons".


Went to two quilt shops today and couldn't find Kona cotton in white to match my OP quilt. Came home and told DH (who was working from home today) that I needed to go to town and get food for Retreat this weekend. DH decided to go with me and when we got to the end of the road he turned right instead of left. "Where are we going?", I said. He took me to Patches, where I thought I had gotten the Kona. I bought 2 1/2 yards and it isn't the right color. Dang!! I think I am going to have to figure out a different border. I wonder where I got this white fabric I used?

Any ideas?

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

You bought some White at the one in Cottleville when I was with you - is that it?

Just tryin' to help...

Carolyn said...

And how cute are O and A!!!!!

Pat said...

Cute story about the grandkids. I taught kindergarten for part of my teaching career and have often regretted I didn't jot down the things those kids said......PRICELESS! Hope you succeed in finding the fabric you want so you don't have to change your border plans.

Shelly said...

Love the story!!! Aren't kids great?!!!

Nicole said...

That is so cute! I can't wait to tell my DH when he gets home!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

What a husband you have! Mine doesn't even know where there is a quilt shop.
And those Grandkids, real cuties.
My 4 yr old grandson today decided in preschool class he didn't want ashes on his forehead. When I questioned him tonight why not? He said becausue they would dry. (What ever that means)
Osagebluffquilter

Lorraine said...

How cute is O......Rocko...love it!!Good luck with the fabric search.....see it always pays to buy more than you think you need at the time....does that make sense??

~Bren~ said...

Priceless. I love stories like that...gives me a smile!

Anonymous said...

Nancy:

If you can't find white Kona locally, try Hancock fabrics online (NOT of Paducah, just plain old Hancock fabrics). I just bought some Kona snow from them recently, and I'm sure they had the white as well. Or just do a search on quiltshops.com. Good luck! --Lydia (thepoch[at]aol[dot]com)

Sweet P said...

Rocko Bama . . . love the new name!