Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Non hand quilters need not apply....






This is the Quilt Guilds raffle quilt for 2009. These women show up every Monday at 9am and hand quilt until 2pm. Everyone is welcome to hand quilt on it, UNLESS you don't hand quilt. No newbies are allowed..LOL um...that would be ME! I took my one and only hand quilting class about 6 years ago. I finished my pillow top and never looked back. I do NOT like to hand quilt, which surprises me since I love to embroider. As soon as the hand quilters are finished and photos are taken, we will get our tickets to sell. We will sell tickets all summer at different festivals (and neighbors and friends, so watch out!!)and the winning ticket will be drawn at our Christmas Party the first week of December. Wouldn't this make a lovely gift for someone special? Last years winner didn't even buy a ticket!! Her daughter purchased a ticket and put her Mom's name on it. It was the winner and boy was she surprised when she was called.

I am hoping for this one and I promise to paint and redecorate the bedroom if I win. It is the first time that the quilt is all from one line of fabric. I heard someone say it is Alex Anderson's Romance? Very pretty....

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

8 comments:

Pat said...

Keep me posted when you are selling tickets, okay? I enjoy hand quilting but find it hard, sometimes to "reach" the spot where I'm working...it's just not as comfy for me as sitting with a small piece of hand stitchery.

free indeed said...

THat is a lovely quilt; so simple a design yet very striking. I would like to hand quilt; I think I would like it, but I never get around to trying it....I'm one horrible procrastinator...

Anonymous said...

I love to embroider but hate hand quilting, too. I even love to hand piece. :)

Linda

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Yes, I would redecorate if I won that quilt. It is incredible.

Janet said...

I've had a go at quilting on a frame, it's not easy! Beautiful quilt.

Roselie said...

I, too, would love to win that quilt. It's outstanding. Would like to buy some tickets when they are available. Please let me know.

Roselie

roselieberard@yahoo.com

Wendy said...

What a pretty quilt! And to think if you win you can redo your room to go with it. I love to hand quilt having been taught by my mom in my early teens.

Anonymous said...

I learned to hand quilt about 20 years ago. I would like to machine quilt but don't have any idea how to start and there are no guilds are classes around here. So I still hand quilt. LOL

Melinda