Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wanna go to Paducah with me?? First day...

Come on, let's hit the road...

We started about 8am Wednesday am. No traffic to speak of and soon we were tooling down the highway...



First stop was the Rend Lake Artisan Center.


This is a wonderful gallery of items made my Illinois artists. Most are for sale. I bought a book for DH.. Sister-in-law bought a button necklace.

Ok, let's get to PADUCAH ALREADY!

We stopped for lunch, oh gosh, can't remember where but it was good... Oh, Applebee's for spinach shrimp salad and half a california club sandwich. Really good!

YEA Paducah!!!


Then we hit Convention Center. We found a great place to park (free!) and only had to walk a couple of blocks to the entrance. We paid our fare and in we went.

Here are some of the zillions of quilts on display...


this is a closeup of the above quilt. It's a black whole cloth quilt entirely quilted in colored thread. Phenomenal machine quilting. It won one of the machine quilt awards.





Here is my haul for the day...



Apparently I buy in two's.... two charm packs, two yards of fabric and two books. hm....

So let's have dinner and find the hotel. We had reservations in the neighboring town of Metropolis..
What is Metropolis famous for?


No....that is Big John.. He lives here..in the grocery store....



But, further on down the road is

CLARK KENT!! oooohhh....he's cute!!



and that phone booth makes him totally HOT!!


TaDa SUPERMAN!!!!


Now where is that darn hotel?


Dang we missed it again... We had to go around a couple of times before actually hitting the entrance.

Ah....nice bed.....hot shower..... YAWN!!!

See ya zzzzzzzzzzzzzz tomorrow zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .... for part 2....

6 comments:

Pat said...

I'm enjoying the trip so far!!!

Anonymous said...

Have more fun today.. I too can't wait for the rest of the story.

Lilly said...

Your first day was such fun! I am looking forward to day two.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Thank you for sharing Nancy, I feel like I'm on the trip.
Bonnie

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for sharing about your Paducah adventure. We went last year for the first time and had a blast. We had to cancel our reservations this year because of a family illness. Sure do miss going. :-(

Brenda said...

Oh, so much fun...I wish I had been there!