Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The doorbell rang....


Don't we all love it when the doorbell rings? It could be family to visit, friends asking you to go on a special outing or the mailman... Last Friday my doorbell rang.
It was the mailman and she was holding a box. For me!! I couldn't remember ordering anything, didn't remember winning any prizes...so couldn't imagine what this was...

Well, this is what was in the box...






It is the most luscious lemon linen. With handstitching and a pocket and Tami's label. Lemon Tree Tales. Luckily there was a note in there saying she was sorry it was so delayed in getting to me. "huh?"

Oh but wait....there is more? Prepare to be jealous...Yes, this was also tucked into the box. OMG...It is absolutely wonderfully lovely... I love tea cups (I have an extensive collection still packed in boxes from our move 3 years ago). I love houses.






You cannot imagine the detail in this pincushion. There is hand embroidered grass, teeny tiny windows and a door. Flowers are strewn on the lawn and the walk looks like it was fashioned of ribbing from a sweater.. I LOVE IT and there will be No Pins in this pincushion.

And then I almost threw away a luscious FQ. Not sure what happened to the photo, but it is destined for a project...not sure when. It is getting acquainted with my other FQ and they are having a meeting. They will speak. Hopefully I will hear them over the hum of the machine.

I immediately emailed Tami and thanked her, but also asked WHY? It appears that I won her blog-a-versary prize over a year ago and my number on the to-do list came up. I originally won the lemon wristlet, but she felt bad so she added the pincushion. I would say well worth the wait...

Oooopppss!! Emergency....be back in a minute....

Ok, back now. Apparently the battery is dead on the Rock Stars car, so I just had to run him to school.
Guess dad has his evening planned for him getting a new battery and putting it in.

No sewing today. I am off with my sister and a friend on a field trip and just like elementary school, we are taking our lunch. I will pack the camera (something I was never allowed to do in elementary school!) and share some photos tomorrow...

Happy Sewing,

Nancy





5 comments:

Lilly said...

now how pretty is that wristlet. and the pincushion.....wow. I can see why you wont put pins in it. Have a happy day out.

Pat said...

How wonderful to get that package and not remember WHY you were getting it....lovely gifts, that 's for sure!!! Can't wait to hear about your outing today.

Mary said...

I always enjoy reading your posts. Lucky you getting all those goodies! Such a nice surprise, too.

Janet said...

What a very happy surprise. The pincushion has a lot of work in it, a real treasure.

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Ahhh, I'm soooo excited that you liked the presents. Lucky for me that you collect tea cups. :-)