Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The weekend....

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I started the weekend with my sister on Saturday.

We went to the Fox Theatre to see A Chorus Line.



It was wonderful. Our seats weren't as close as last year for Jersey Boys, but they were still good. Because of the nature of the play, there was no intermission which made the restrooms very busy afterward...

Sunday hubby started looking for a project. He is a woodworker and much like a sewer he needs a project going all the time. Unlike me, he has NO UFO'S... He finishes everything. He builds wonderful furniture, but we are plum out of room, so I asked him to make me a frame for the little alphabet stitchery.
Ok, do I want dark or light?
What size do I need?
This is what he came up with....



I love it... He is thinking of putting a few on Etsy. Wonder if anyone would be interested?

I spent all of Sunday and Monday working on the guild mystery quilt.



Bev did a great job picking this one. Each month of blocks was so different there was no way to figure out the mystery. I got all the rows sewn together and got the first borders made. I need to find something for the second border. It calls for gazillions of little 4 1/2 inch squares as the last border and I am done with pieces. No more squares. It will be a solid border (as opposed to pieced) and I just need to find the right fabric. The LQS may have something I can use. Might try there today.

This is a small peak. It's not a real surprise anymore. Those triangle strips are the borders. ALL fabric was from my stash. Even the borders. And yes they are the same fabric in different colorways. I must have really like it as I have a couple of yards of each... In fact I might have enough of the red to make the final border...hmmm.... would that be weird? The red goes toward the center so they wouldn't be next to each other. Might lay that out on the bed and see how it works.
I would love to do the whole quilt from stash...and only have to buy the backing..

Our little 3 year old cocker, Oliver, decided to have a couple of seizures this weekend, so I have to get a call into the vet. Not sure what is going on, and we have never had a dog with seizures before, so we will see what gives.

Tomorrow, I am doing something really cool. My sister will be taking a half day off work, I will picking up Miss Nancy and we are going somewhere to see something...

Come back to see what....

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Just love the frame your dh made, I'm sure he wouldn't have any trouble selling those.

Pat said...

LOVE the frame! I agree that they'd sell easily, I'm sure.

Amy R said...

Yes, your hubby should sell them on Esty. They are beautiful. Especially if he would offer them at custom sizes based on a persons needs.

Brenda said...

You are such a tease...now show me how the frame works. Some of us need a visual....how the heck do you get the stitchery on there???? Hello??? I just can't wait to see so chop-chop, your fans await, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous frame, your stitchery really looks perfect. Maybe you and your hubby should work together doing something like the quilts by Fraser Smith http://www.gofraser.com/index10.htm

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.