Monday, August 10, 2009

The Best....



The best movie - Julie&Julia. Meryl Streep has Julia Child down perfect. From the voice to the cooking to her incredible marriage to Paul (played marvelously by Stanley Tucci). GO SEE IT.... Take your best friend, take your Mom, go by yourself!! It's wonderful...

The best food - Hot Braised Chicken and Crab Ragoon at the Mandarin Garden. YUM!! (I just had the leftovers for lunch)

The best sister - MINE!! Cause she paid for the movie tickets AND lunch.

Thanks Sis....It was a great belated birthday celebration.

Still working on the 400 inches of binding on my guild BOM quilt. I have to have it done by the 17th for photos...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

9 comments:

blushing rose said...

Dying to see the finished quilt. Have a great week. TTFN ~Marydon

Carin said...

I have heard nothing but good things about this movie. I am glad you were able to go and enjoy it.

Joanna said...

I went to the movie at 9.30 last night by myself - no hubby, no kids, just me! First time I have ever been to a movie by myself. It was wonderful! I and the other 6 people in the theater thoroughly enjoyed it!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I can't wait to see it. I think some of my small group sewing buddies are cookin up a trip to go see the movie.

Can't wait to see the zillion inches of binding quilt.

Pat

Pat said...

My friend was going with a group of her domino buddies today....I'm sure she'll be raving about it, too.

Carolyn said...

It was a great fun movie - I will be attempting Julia's "Boeuf Bourguignon" recipe as soon as the weather is cooler and I will get some great fresh veggies from the farmers market.

And the chinese was excellent - I had my leftovers for lunch today ;)

Carolyn
aka: sister

Rita said...

I saw this movie with my sister last night and we just loved it. It was the best movie I've seen in a long time!

Stephanie said...

Everyone keeps talking about that movie. I may have to rent it when it comes out on DVD. :)

Off to watch the trailer...

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Paula Stoddard said...

I LOVED this movie too!! Loved loved loved it!