Saturday, August 1, 2009

Look, Look

See Nancy post.
See Nancy post photos.
See Nancy smile.
See Nancy keep her camera in a safe place.

So let's get all caught up.

Last week, I went to my monthly sew in with Miss Nancy and Ann. Those sneaky girls had gotten together and made me a birthday gift. It's the same pillow. Miss Nancy did one side and Ann did the other. Isn't it adorable. It already has a home on my couch. (it's the living room couch where no one actually sits!)




I have been working on this since Wednesday. Well, actually I worked on it Wednesday and it has sat rested since then. Thursday I cleaned someones house and today I cleaned my house. It's made from leftover charm squares from another project and a nice white border. It needs some free motion quilting in the borders and will be off in the mail to a very special little girl.


Along with this... A little tote with a "K" monogram for her. I hope to have them both in the mail by Monday.



Today is first Saturday at the LQS. While you are reading this I am standing in line with zillions of other crazy women waiting to show my July block, get my card stamped, pick up my August block and watch a couple of demos. I didn't realize how popular this was until I went last month and stood in line for 40 minutes.... This is my first year so I didn't know that they started lining up way before the doors open at 8am. I got there at 8:10 and the line was already past the building and around the corner... I hope to get there a wee bit earlier tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

7 comments:

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Nancy,
Do you want to come clean my house? Love all you projects and so glad the camera was found.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Great photos! Glad to see what was lost was found.

Clean house...come on over.

Pat

Carin said...

Love your cute little house pillows. Cute bag too.

Pat said...

Love all the things you showed in this post and can I take a number and be next in line to get MY house cleaned?

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Cute blocks!
I am glad you found your camera. Again. Been there and done that!
We have the 1st Sat. Sampler of the month also at our BP&HH QS. It is so very busy and so very much fun.

Wishing you a peaceful weekend!

Di said...

Well done, love the houses.

Sweet P said...

I love your pillow. The little quilt and bag are cute as well.