Tuesday, December 8, 2009

GAH!!!



That button was pushed at my house this morning...I went into my online bank account to find us OVERDRAWN!!

PUSH BUTTON....PUSH BUTTON.....PUSH BUTTON....PUSH BUTTON...PUSH BUTTON

It started Friday when I headed into town to make a deposit. I didn't have a preprinted deposit ticket so I swiped my debit card and the clerk pulled up the account. She hand wrote the ticket and I got my deposit receipt. Sounds good so far doesn't it?

Then Sunday...hubby and I balanced the checkbook and pitched all the paperwork...

So far so good...

Yesterday I check my online balance and we are OVERDRAWN!! No way... panic sets in and I transfer money from saving to checking and cross my fingers that this morning it will have all balanced itself out and I can transfer that money back in to my savings...

NO!! The deposit is gone..

So I searched here...



and then here...



and could not find my deposit receipt...

So I got into this...(top up people...it's 32 here)



and drove here...



After a little tough talk with the lady behind the desk...it's fine now. No one knows what happened. She said she would be able to tell me Thursday after the deposit was posted and she can read the notes. I don't care how it happened, but it has taught me one thing....

save my deposit tickets...

Live and learn...

Nancy

10 comments:

Pat said...

Oh, no.....what a frustrating experience for you. I guess we can all learn from that.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Ohhhhh Girl!!

Been there not too long ago.....with that direct deposit mess!!!
Horrible feeling!!!

Take a deep breath....LindaMay

Trudi said...

Phew!!!!!!! Glad it's sorted, as a micro manager of my money I'd be hyperventalating as well as the panic button!

Anonymous said...

I know how you felt.. last year the same bk where you went sent me a notice we were overdrawn $5,000!!! I call, they argue with me.. said I'd deposed a bad check.. bull!!!!
anyway a week later they found out the check belonged to another account and another person 3 states from here.. enough to turn your hair gray

Rhonda said...

I am so happy that you were able to get it straightened out....Sometimes I think the banks get awefully slow in correcting something when it's their fault...but you're right...always safe your receipts and slips.
Take care.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Isn't that a time wasting, annoying experience? Glad it's over.

Carolyn said...

WHOAAA - that had to be scary - and the hubby was probably going bonkers - or did you tell him? Glad it got fixed!!

Carolyn

Lorraine said...

wow...I would have gone for the panic button too......glad you got it sorted!!

Brenda said...

OMG! That's scary! I throw away my receipts...better stop that before I need one!
Glad you got it cleared up before things got really ugly!

Anne D said...

whew. I was a worried about our lunch/shopping trip tomorropw.