Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The list....

Last year I wrote this post.... Pat left a comment that we should all do it this year. So starting today, I will head up a post with the daily idea...let's see how many of you can keep up...

Today, December 1st
Blanch carcass from Thanksgiving turkey. Spray paint gold, turn upside down and use as a sleigh to hold Christmas Cards.

Now if you didn't have turkey for Thanksgiving (or you are not in the USA and don't even celebrate Thanksgiving) I will allow you to make another card holder. Maybe using the netting from the rolled pork loin? Stiffen with some glue and spray it gold? Or did you have ham? Maybe you can make something in the shape of a pig? If desperate, maybe you could use, oh, I don't know....FABRIC??? How about fabric...?

Would love for you to post a photo on your blog?? Can't wait to see what you come up with..

Nancy

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Too funny! I'll pass on the 1st one since I made broth with my turkey carcass - but keep them coming - maybe there will be an idea that even my feeble craft brain can accomplish :)

Carolyn

Margie said...

OK Nancy, Now I'm going to tell my age. I can remember making those when I was a child, and several of us grandchildren fighting over the turkey bones at grandma's house. Too funny!! Funny part, I don't think it was to put cards in, but can't recall what we did with it! (That's my age showing again)

Rhonda said...

Well Nancy, I can honestly say this is a new one for me. Turkey carcass as a card holder.....LOL...when I was little, there was nothing left of the turkey after the family get-together.....LOL.....I'd love to see pics of this one. Too funny!
Take care.

Pat said...

Do wishbones count??? The grandkids (a few years back) had me collect wishbones from turkeys and chickens and we painted them and they put ribbons on them and they go on my tree. If I ever get out from behind the 8-ball and get this tree decorated, I'll send a photo of one of them...it can't compare to a turkey-carcass card-holding sleigh, but my turkey's carcass went into the soup pot, too!

Gari in AL said...

Does this mean that you are going to have 25 of these terrific ideas? I can't paint my carcass because it fell apart after I made broth with it. Next!