Monday, January 25, 2010

design wall monday 1-25-10



More blocks from the book "The Civil War Love Letter Quilt". I will wait to make more until after Tuesday when Miss Nancy and I head back to Raspberry Patch to load up fill in our stash. I need some yellows, lights and maybe greens and purples. I am not very well versed in the Civil War Reproduction fabrics, so not quite sure what is out there.

The block names are (from left, first row) Enthusiasm, A Secession Ball, Healthful Region, March in the Mountains and (from left, second row) Sorrows of War, Liberal with Furlough and Severe Fighting.

I haven't started reading the letters that accompany the blocks. I am told that the letters and the blocks have no significance together, but that the author just picked blocks to go with the letters...

Hubby is working furiously on his piece of furniture. No photo, but the back is on and the shelves are in. He will start working on the drawers next.

Want to see more Design Wall Monday? Head over to Judy's and check out the list...and read about her chickens....

Happy 4th Birthday to my little Ava.... She is getting to be such a big girl....



Nancy

9 comments:

Unknown said...

G'morn, Nancy ~ I love the blocks ... What a lovely box of goodies you received ...

Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~ Marydon
PS Don't forget to change your setting to follow us on the new bog.
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Sharlotte said...

I love the Civil War era and I really like your blocks. I think my favorite one is the pinwheel. Ever been to The Quilt Sampler in Springfield? If you're ever this way, you should stop in. The store is fantastic . I have been shoppin there ever since they opened their doors. Little Ava is just a doll!!

Diane said...

Love the civil war blocks-have fun filling in the stash-amazing how that happens!

Pat said...

Your granddaughter is a doll! A girl in our church is also named Ava and her birthday is this week, too. (She is older than your Ava, though.)

Nancy Page said...

Well done, Good work!! They are wonderful. Ava is adorable.

Have a great day. See you tomorrow.

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Miss Ava is a doll! Happy birthday to her.

Sharon S said...

Nice blocks Nancy. You've been busy! The birthday girl is adorable. Hope she has a fun day!

Brenda said...

Love the blocks Nancy. Your quilt will be stunning! Happy BD to your little treasure. They grow up so fast...

Bonnie said...

Your family is beautiful and Ava is darling. Your blocks look beautiful too, but pale in comparison to Ava! Congrats.