Friday, April 9, 2010

ah....more shopping

Yesterday a friend and I jet-setted to Mexico... we enjoyed the local food, the margaritas, the cute pool boys and laid in the sun with our eyes closed enjoying the breeze...

then I woke up....

Really, we did go to Mexico... Missouri... home of Homestead Hearth. It was a beautiful drive and I dominated the conversation...lol...and poof...we were there.

Photos aren't allowed in the shop as everything is copyrighted...so if you will close your eyes and read this it might give you a sense...

You walk into the front door and immediately must decide...right dull...left bright..

Yes, they have divided the store... Civil War prints and Daiwabo prints on the right. The dull side. Brights and 30's and modern (think Amy Butler and pretty florals and such) on the left.

Since the trip was specifically scheduled for the buying of Civil War prints we started on the right. I am NOT a fan of CWP..so I just started picking them up and stacking them up in my arms. V was a bit more selective.. One of the shop girls was nice enough to bring us a nice wire basket.. I kept saying my basket looked so dull...with all browns and blues and dark greens with just a hint of yellow and tan...so I wandered over to the bright side. V said "go towards the light!!" and I did.... I found a great pink for a diaper bag on order and some yummy lime greens with black... My basket finally started looking fun..

Here are the DULL side fabrics...


yea, yea, whatever... I don't like them, but need them for the Civil War Love Letters quilt I am making for the hubby..

Me likey these.....

enough FQ's for a bright baby quilt... anyone pregnant??



pink for the ordered diaper bag...I will pair it with a pale gray per instructions...



and there was a huge grocery cart of rolled FQ's for a buck... these are destined for some Christmas gifts...



Then we called my daughter to make sure the Mexican restaurant was still in business and V had a taco salad and I had taquitos... yummmy...and boring iced tea...no Margaritas...dang it.

Ok...you can open your eyes...now wasn't that fun?

Then we came home and got back to reality... getting a tow truck for the car of the girlfriend of the son. Actually at one time we had 1 tow trucks, then 2 tow trucks,then no tow trucks and then we finally had THE tow truck but that's a long story... and then Sonic for dinner...because it was that or pancakes..

Today the hubby gets back from New Orleans and I will be finishing the quilting on the Downy quilt for charity...

off I go... have a productive day!

Nancy
next time I will bring the camera and snap a photo of those pool boys...oh oh cutie patooties...

14 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Did you go to Mexico sewing center on the square? They have some great fabrics, patterns and machine.

Laura said...

Love all your fabric purchases. I bought that same lime green with the dots and triangles (you also got it in black and white) a few weeks ago. I posted a picture on my blog too :-).

Pat said...

As for me, I like BOTH your "dulls" and your "brights".....guess I have a split quilting personality, huh?? LOL

Rita said...

I guess I'm pretty dull because I LOVE CW prints. I have gotten some BOMs from Homestead Hearth and would love to see this shop in person...lucky you! Glad you had a fun day.

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Hi Nancy,

I'm with you, the bright side would have been calling me too...having said that your dull fabrics are quite nice, but your brights are divine :)
I'm glad you had such a good time and its always nice to get what you need and a little fun stuff too :)

Hugs, Sharon

Rhonda said...

You had be going with the Mexico reference....I was about to hop on down to the border to find that qult store.....LOL........I love all of your purchases.....usually, I'm all over the place with it comes to buying fabric from brights to what I call ThimbleWar...get it...LOL
Take care and enjoy those beautiful fabrics.

Carol said...

I LOVE your Civil War fabrics...Homestead Hearth is a wonderful shop.

Lindabee said...

I love the greens, and feel like saying Ole!

Bren said...

So I adore the "dull" fabrics! The brights....not for me, though once done up in a quilt they are beautiful! I have to wear sunglasses to go to the bright side!
All your fabrics are beautiful!

Unknown said...

I might get pregnant just to get those greens. Gotta get the good ones while they are hot! But...then I snapped back into and realized, no babies here.

Did you find any grays?

Nancy Page said...

It was a nice dream while it lasted. But reality was just as good, maybe even better. Love the "dulls" and your "brights". Your Civil War Prints are wonderful even a bit on the bright side. Glad you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing them with mt own little eyes.

Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

I don't know if I could do Mexican food without a margarita! Sounds like you both had a lovely day together ... the fabrics are lovely.

Have a lovely weekend.
TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

Janet said...

I think that's a worthwhile shopping trip. You have some lovely fabrics. Go ahead and make a baby quilt and put it aside for when someone needs one.

Qubie said...

I really like your green, white and black fqs. Do I have to be pregnant to get my hands on these? They would make a real cute quilt. I need to take a road trip to Mexico. I have lived in this state all my life and never been. I think it's about time I go. When and if I do go I'll let you know and maybe we could meet up and you should show off the pool boys and we could both drool and dream hehe