Monday, April 12, 2010

design wall monday... 4-12-2010

Judy encourages us to show what's up on our design wall every Monday. Even if there is nothing.

Today I have this on my design wall....



By the time I have it all sewn together it will measure 6 1/2 inches...

It should like this at some point.



I lost count of how many parts there are to this block. I have 12 finished and there are just as many sitting on the sewing machine waiting to be sewn. This is the 39th block of 121 blocks for the Civil War Love Letter quilt I am making for hubby. At some point this weekend, we I talked about decreasing the amount of blocks and thereby decreasing the size of the quilt. If I follow the book it will end up roughly 100 inches x 100 inches....that's one big quilt.... He thinks I am tired of doing them and just need a break. Maybe he is right so...

I have to have this block done by tomorrow evening. A group of us meet at a LQS to share our blocks, tips, funny stories etc... and tomorrow is the day.




oh, and tomorrow I got a little something up my sleeve...It will be a FIRST!!



Nancy

2 comments:

Pat said...

Well...I think a quilt of 100 x 100 is way too big....even if you did NOT get tired of making those tedious blocks!!! LOL

Diane said...

It's going to be a great quilt whatever size it ends up! Thanks for sharing.