Friday, April 16, 2010

so here it is...


I stumbled across this site a couple of days ago.. She has an Etsy shop and sells PDF patterns for paper piecing blocks. She also has a couple of full quilt patterns and on her website she has some free patterns.. This is one of her free patterns. As soon as I saw it I wanted to drop everything and ran to the sewing room. I was really hoping I would find one of those Kona charm packs on the shelf... hmm.... guess I would have had to order one..
So my second choice was a baggy full of red charms. hmm... not quite right either.
I found all these polka dots... did I say I really wanted to do this? Yea, so much so that I cut a 4 inch square out of each yard of polka dot.

I love the circular quilting... I used a splatter lid for the pattern... lol :- )

I would love to do 4 of these for a baby quilt... anyone pregnant?

Maybe I will look for that charm pack in Paducah... I need to make a list..

Nancy

edit - check the size of the paper piece block after printing. Mine printed slightly off square. I am sure there must be a secret and I will check her printing hints before I do a baby quilt...

ps edit - Here is where I found the inspiration for the quilting..

14 comments:

Pat said...

What a FUN project!!! It turned out great, Nancy.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It's adorable Nancy! I have that one printed out and have not tried it yet!

Trudi said...

It's wonderful Nancy! I'm thinking of using this block for my virtual quilting bee! Love it!

SewCalGal said...

I love this quilt, or is it a twilt (12x12)? Beautiful design, colors, prints and excellent quilting for this design. Great job. Inspirational!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

antique quilter said...

I LOVE this , what a great idea for a baby quilt
very cute....
oh have fun at Paducah, can't wait to hear all about it!
Kathie

Anne D said...

I love it!!!!Love the pattern and love the quilting. Did you have a walking foot on?

Unknown said...

Great little quilt, love your dots and spots and especially the circular quilting.

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Hi Nancy,

I love your block and the circular quilting...great with the circular arrangement and of course the spots.

Hugs, Sharon

Anonymous said...

On another website you were wondering about the software used to create designs and print on fabric that was used on PR. I believe it's called "QImage". Google it. The digital printing group on Yahoo disclosed it.
Annette

Nancy Page said...

Love this!! Well done. I just now got to your blog. I will have to give this a try. See you Tuesday.

Have a super great day.

Beth said...

Hi Nancy, You did such a lovely job with my block! :-) Thanks for letting me know about it - it's such fun to see what other quilters do with my designs.

I'm not sure about the off-square printing of the block - this is the first time I ever heard of this particular problem. It might be a problem with your printer (the paper-feed rollers or something like that). I also have this pattern as a PDF - contact me again for that, and you can compare your results of printing that.

cheers!
Beth (piecebynumber.com)

Sue said...

You did a beautiful job with this AWESOME block, Nancy!

Janet said...

I love it when you see something and you have to make it immediately, how exciting and it turned out really great.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Nancy, I love this pattern and the quilt you made.