Wednesday, May 12, 2010

comedy genius....

I confess... I have approximately 400 blogs in my google-reader. Not all of them post every day, but most of them post at least 3-4 times a week. I have to admit I have my favorites...

These are the ones I click on to get inspiration -

Oh, Fransson! - Elizabeth never fails to inspire me with color and crisp modern quilts.
Moda Bake Shop - if you need a pattern for anything it will be right there...and free...it doesn't get any better than that.
Simplify - a young mother and another designer of modern quilts. I love seeing pictures of her boys...
and many more...

These are some of the bloggers I feel I know...my kids call them my "fake friends". Believe me NONE of them are fake....

All Stitched Up - Linda is responsible for this blog. She talked me through setting it up never realizing what she started... I will always be grateful to her..

Bren - Is a sweetie. I can't link as her blog is semi-private, but I can't leave her out either. She is the best mom...and grandma. She inspires me to be a better person. Bren has given me permission to share a link to her blog. click HERE to read

A Little of This and A Little of Pat - Pat and I talk almost every day. I read her blog first thing in the morning (well, now she seems to have taken a break). She shows lots of quilts and blocks and she could very well be in the first category also..

Tea and Quilts - Miss Nancy and I met at a local redwork club and we are "real" friends. We actually go places together..like Paducah....like in real life... yea, I know??? She is probably the best quilt piecer and Type A person I have ever met. She is paticular and meticulous and I love it... cause I'm not. She inspires me to use more pins.

Batiks by the Bay
- Ann lives in Australia. Now. She used to live here. Real close here. Like Miss Nancy, Ann and I would meet every month to sew. Miss Nancy, Ann and I all met at that same redwork club. Ann started the whole thing by inviting us to her house to sew one day and it went down hill from there. Ann did embroidery, but was just starting to quilt. It was so much fun to get together and sew... We miss her a lot.. You can move back any time now Ann...
Can't your hubby commute?

And then there are those blogs that I read to laugh. You know the ones where you make sure there isn't any liquid in your mouth when you open up the blog and start reading...cause you are tired of cleaning the computer screen? The ones that allow you start the day with laughter, which is the best.

Kims Big Quilting Adventure - Kim is the most prolific quilter I know (other than some people I know that don't blog) and always makes it sound like I am missing out. Her and Gran get into some wonderfully funny adventures...starbucks, anyone? and she tells it like it is...which I love.
She also designs patterns and teaches classes in her area...

The Bitchy Stitcher - one word - FUNNY! She had about 3 1/2 readers when I found her.. she now has 186 followers and 514 facebook fans... nuff said...

So what blogs do you read? Why? Any good blogs you can lead me to? I could use some inspiration... and a few laughs..

Nancy

My inspiration for this post? Lynne at Lilys Quilts

10 comments:

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

I love "she inspires me to use more pins". That had me laughing out loud. This post is a great idea - posts about our favourite blogs and why we love them - spread the word and get everyone doing it. And I'm going to visit all those blogs you talked about tonight when the children have gone to bed because Mr G is in Singapore this week so I can blogread to my heart's content.

Nancy Page said...

A blog post about blogs!! How cool is this?? Love this, makes the big world out there so much smaller and a whole lot more fun. I wonder if I used enough pins, the world would stay that way.
Hey, Anne, Nancy is right we do miss you and we wish you the best.

Have a super great day.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog! Too funny. I see you are from Missouri, I live in KC, gotta love this fall weather in May!

Angela

Bren said...

I am so honored that you listed me. I love to read here too and find much inspiration from you. Linda helped me when I first started blogging too!
Though I did not announce my change of blog address on my original blog, feel free to share the link...it all has to do with that nasty D-word we are dealing with!

em's scrapbag said...

Isn't blogging wonderful. So much inspiration and wonderful friends to be found. Thanks for sharing a few of your favorites.

Material Girls said...

I love your blog! Funny! I am a follower of many of your favorite blogs also. It's amazing how much time you can spend on the computer hopping from one blog to the next. Maybe that's why I never finish a lot.
Nadine

Roselie said...

I really enjoy reading your blog Nancy. I follow some of the same blogs as you. One of the blogs that I am following is called creativityamongstchaos.blogspot.com. She has a wonderful BOM that I am attempting to make for my new granddaughter due in September. Take a look, you just might like it. One of these days I am going to start my own blog.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

besides checking into yours? :)

The Bitchy Stitcher, Quilting in My Pyjamas, Bejeweled Quilts by Barb, Oh Fransson, Red Pepper Quilts, Moda Bake Shop and PS I Quilt are a few of my regulars.

:)

Sharon S said...

Check out PamKittyMorning. A couple yars ago she did video postings of her trip to quilt market. Someone ended up kidnapped in her trunk! Also Happy Zombie aka Monica is a hoot! Her funniest post was a cartoon video featuring her and PKM "tweeting" about a trip to Target. They were "super heroes" with monotone voices. Laughed til I cried! Love Mary Lou Wienman for pure inspiration! Have a great weekend everyone!

Sharon S said...

Ugh! I can't spell this morning! Should be "years" not "yars" & "Wiedman".