Friday, May 14, 2010

notice anything different?? and some help needed...

Does my typing look different? Yesterday The Son installed Windows 7 on my computer, which means I spent the next 3 hours downloading Adobe Reader and EQ5 and my camera software and I am still working on getting my IM downloaded. What a mess, just to keep up with the times...

While the computer was chugging away I started working in the sewing room. I should have been cleaning.. I should have been making a grocery list..I should have been begging IMO's for a free pizza box.I should have been doing a lot of other things, but I didn't... I got some stuff cut for next weekend. What's next weekend? My sanity trip. Me and 2 friends are going here for a few days of sewing and no cooking. We do this a couple of times a year, and would do it more if we could. Well, I guess we could...nothing is really stopping us except husbands and one of us works (OUTSIDE the home, cause we ALL work inside the home!)

Anyway back to THIS weekend... What's this weekend?

PARTAY!!!


Yes, a party... our youngest child, The Son, is graduating from High School on Sunday. And we are giving a Party tomorrow. There will be 30-35 people here to eat. And I'm not cooking. Oh no...I called the local smokehouse and ordered pulled pork. Just have to add the sides (thanks sis for bringing german potato salad, and other sis (that doesn't read this I think) for bringing mac and cheese!) And the son requested Cheesecake for dessert... so that is purchased also...

So anyway I now need your help...

clicking will make it bigger and easier to see...



These are my Civil War Love Letter blocks... I am halfway there. Our leader told us to lay them all out and it will give us an idea of what colors we need to concentrate on for the rest of the quilt. There seems to be a tendency for people to pull the same color fabrics all the time... So do you see any colors that I am missing? This is the hubs quilt and he likes it so far, but he is color blind and so no help to me at all....(in many things, but I digress)

Nancy

ps i will explain the pizza box later... if i forget someone needs to remind me..k?

13 comments:

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

I'd have another mustard block but I am useless at colour so wait until you get comments from the professional colorators. Have a great PARTAY. I also have two sisters. Are you the difficult middle one like me?! Enjoy cheesecake and those blocks are soooooooooo fabulous. Explain pizza box - I'll keep reminding until you remember.

Rhonda said...

Your hubby's quilt blocks look great.....maybe add a couple of blocks with shades of green and more with shades of blue that way the reds and yellows can be sprinkled about and softened....but I really don't know what I'm talking about....LOL

Narelle said...

Wow! Your CWLL blocks are fantastic ... they look fairly balanced to me ... sorry I'm not that great with colour either.

Unknown said...

Great blocks, I'd say more with some blue. Congrats to son on his graduation.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

More gold and maybe green! Beautiful quilt Nancy!

Have fun tomorrow!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your blocks look lovely as they are, but I like my things bright and colorful, so I was thinking some orange and green that has a little more zing - but not too much.

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Hi Nancy,

I can't see what you are missing...they look fabulous though. Congratulations on your son's graduation.

BTW I loved the post on your fave blogs...Bren and Linda are great and i will have to check out the other ladies...it (my computer, blogger...who knows) wouldn't let me leave a message on that post.

Hugs, Sharon

Anne D said...

The blocks all look great. I cant do scrappy so I am no help with the colours.
Hope the party goes well. YAY now you can move! I am so glad we will be living here when my kids finish high school. It is expected that they finish and no-one has a graduation party for them. They don't even get the results for months after school is over!
Have a great weekend.

Nancy Page said...

Congratulations to the graduate!! This is a big step with lots to look forward to. Enjoy the party.

The blocks look great. They are going to look great in the quilt. I just finished part six, ready to do part seven.

Have a great day and a great party.

Retrogirl said...

Beautiful work! The love letter blocks seem like a cool project. =)

ytsmom said...

You don't have very much green. A darker green, like poison green. Looks good. I aspire to make that quilt one day for my 2 great-great-grandfathers that were Civil War veterans.

Sweet P said...

Congrats to the graduate!

Dandelion Quilts said...

These blocks are stunning. You must have a lot of time wrapped up into them. Your quilt will be wonderful