Tuesday, July 27, 2010

before and after...

Remember this horrific photo from yesterday? I just couldn't face it. I blew off all day yesterday. I watched TV, read a whole book, made chicken and noodles and ironed some shirts. No sewing...no cleaning...

So this morning, I decided to redeem myself. Here is the after.. Much better and I won't confess the oldest piece of meat in there, but it is now out front waiting for the trash man tomorrow.
I seem to buy a lot of chicken thighs....



I would tackle this one today...but I already have plans. (thank god!)



At 3pm, I am heading to the airport to pick up my niece. She moved to Florida last week and is returning to get her 6 month old that she left here with Grandma (not me!) so he wouldn't have to travel in the car for 24 hours. Smart? You betcha...
Then we will take him for his 6 month photos and get some dinner..with grandma cupcake and a friend of my nieces...

I need to take my camera, cause we won't see him again until Christmas and that's gonna be really hard on his grandma...


Nancy
ps-i'm trying to remember how old that capon is? any ideas sis?

6 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

After a near kill of the husband, you figured it was time to clean the freezer? LOL.
My hubby found a pkg of deer steaks labeled 08, I was ready to put it into jerky but he nixed that real quick!

Tangos Treasures said...

LOL it's not hard to lose stuff in the freezer! You did a great job!!

Winona said...

Nancy, your freezer is looking good. I have a chest freezer. I am always surprised by what I find in the bottom of it when I defrost it. Enjoy your day. Winona

Trudi said...

Oh, that looks so much better! What a great job you made of it Nancy! Good luck with the capon! LOL Have a gret time this afternoon :)

Anonymous said...

Would you like to come clean my freezer? I bet I have deer meat older then your capon LOL
and speaking of venison, isn't it supposed to be ate before the next season? If so I'm in deep trouble LOL

Judy Laquidara said...

Good for you! It's looking great. Hope the list helps with organization.