Saturday, July 3, 2010

chicken wings...

I found a new blog today. Food Wishes is owned by Chef John of San Fransisco California. He not only has great recipes, but shows a video with all of them.

Today I was introduced to Clifton Springs Chicken Wings-Oven Fried with Sticky Ginger Garlic Glaze.

Oh My Goodness.....

I wish I had a photo to show you, but they are all gone. 12 chicken wings eaten so fast I might have burned my tongue licking the sauce. Well, I didn't eat them all...I shared with the hubby.. They were wonderful.

I love chicken wings.. I love them fried from KFC and I love buffalo chicken wings, but every time I would make them, they were...well...slimey.. not crunchy like you get in the good restaurants. I tried everything. Today I learned to oven fry ...

Here is the recipe I used... and there is a photo and a video. Mine looked JUST LIKE the video..


I followed the recipe exactly and they are CRUNCHY..

I am off to copy the recipe for the buffalo chicken wings. We will have those next week...

Everyone have a Happy 4th. We will pick up 2 grandchildren on Sunday tomorrow and take them to see Shrek-Happily Ever After and they will spend the night so our kids can participate in Drunken Sunday weekend at the river... I don't even want to know...

Nancy

PS...if you aren't an official follower of my blog, you might want to think about it.. I'm just sayin...


13 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh wow Nancy, this recipe sounds delicious. I will have to check out this site. Hope you have a great 4th.

Jocelyn said...

Oh my goodness, I just had to add, it's like having your own cooking show right on your computer. I signed up as a follower. Oh and I follow you too :-)

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Oh and OK why do we have to start following if we don't already, what's going on, what do you have up your sleeve...of course you know I'm a follower

JustCindy said...

I love chicken wings. That is the best part. Of course I follow I might miss something if I didn't.

Pokey said...

Wow, major yum!! He made the boning sound easy, but it takes a while. I am trying this recipe, though! I follow your posts!

Margie said...

OK I've always checked out your blog but today I decided to become a follower!!! I always do as I'm told! HA HA!!! Those wings sound like something we need to try and am going to check it out!! Have a Happy and Safe 4th.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Chicken wings sound nummy! And you are so funny and honest, I get a chuckle when I need it! Thanks Nancy and have a great weekend.

Winona said...

Recipe sounds delicious. I don't blame you for not wanting to know what goes on at the river. LOL Good of you and dh to take the grandkids so their parents can party down. LOL Have a great 4th. Winona

Tangos Treasures said...

Yummy I love wings too!!
I bookmarked the site to check it all out later! Thanks for sharing!!

lesthook said...

Yummy! I am now a follower of his blog too,LOL! Been a follower of yours for awhile now.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, those sound yummy -- thanks for the link. I can't follow, but I do subscribe!

Chookyblue...... said...

always fun to try new recipes.......

Diane said...

My family loves chicken wings. I'll have to give these a try.