Friday, July 9, 2010

diary of a wimpy kid...

So we had 2 grandkids over the 4th holiday... um..we realized we had them last year too.. probably will pass next year.

So one evening Owen was very B-O-R-E-D... and no matter what I suggested it was wrong.. of course we had already been to McDonalds for dinner and then to the show to see Shrek, Happily Ever After.. We had played Lego's til my head exploded and he was still bored. OK..what would YOU like to do I asked... He wanted to write a diary. He is an avid reader. He has been reading The Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and we bought him the latest one the day we picked them up, but it had been read from front to back in one day... {sigh}...so he asked me for a notebook and he started writing. I really wasn't paying attention... he had paper, pencil and he was quiet and he and his sister weren't picking on each other. HEAVEN!!

I found the diary when he left. I didn't mean to read it, but it is so cute...


I'm not sure what is up with my hair. I don't wear it in a bee hive...and baby Joseph eyes are HUGE!! lol

I hope he continues to write... he's pretty good at it.

Nancy

6 comments:

Winona said...

Nancy, very cute. Encourage his writing. He may be a famous author some day. Have a good weekend. Winona

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

How special Nancy. Enjoy your weekend.

Brenda said...

That's too cute. She does look like you...LOL!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

How cute is that?? Did Brenda say she looks like you??LOLOL!!!!!!
Must be the hair.

Judy D in WA said...

Oh that is priceless and precious! You look stunning!! Paper, pencil and encouragement will usually lead to peace and quiet for a few minutes. ;-)

Carolyn said...

Joseph does have big eyes but WOW - LOL - I'm glad he didn't draw me that day!!!

Carolyn
aka: Great-Aunt of aspiring writer