Saturday, July 24, 2010

why...

does it take 2 people TWICE as long to run errands??

I happened to mention (very quietly) that I needed to run errands today...I very seldom do many errands or housework on the weekends but yesterday I spent all day with a friend at a quilt show and so I played catch up today....

ANYWAY!!!

I needed to go to Target, the grocery store, the post office and either Hobby Lobby or Joannes... I really wanted to go to Joannes since they moved into a new building, but I could always do that another day so I didn't care...

Where did I go? Office Max, Best Buy, Lumber Liquidators, Hobby Lobby and Target...and then the grocery store by myself... never did get to the post office so all my packages will have to be mailed on Monday...

Why Office Max, Best Buy and Lumber Liquidators? Cause this morning the hubs computer finally died.. He decided to go with me.. or rather...he decided that I would go with him...either way I spent way too much time wondering around OM and BB while he checked his crib notes against signs..And he bought a new computer... something called a ThinkPad.. The son gave him the crib notes so hopefully it is what he needs.... We ran into Lumber Liquidators at my suggestion so we could pick up a sample of dark oak flooring...we've not heard anything from the seller but we can plan anyway...and I did get what I needed from Hobby Lobby..a yard of canvas.


I've done a little sewing lately. I am in a swap and this is what I have made...and need to mail on Monday... Purse, covered notebook and small zip bag.. The bag has three pockets on each outside and a magnetic snap... I really ran shot of fabric and had to piece the back of the zip bag..
sure hope my swap partner likes it. It's always a challenge to make something for someone that you don't know... the pattern for the bag came from here.. I happened to be reading Terry's blogpost about a purse she made... she included a link to the pattern and I thought it was perfect for this swap..



This has been sitting on my counter for over a week now. It is my package from my swap partner. I didn't think it was fair to open it until I had mailed mine out... You can sure bet I will be tearing into it as soon as I get home from the post office. lol





Nancy

5 comments:

Stephanie Hughes said...

Nancy, you had me laughing out loud about the errands. I know the feeling. I have three sons and there is always something they want that is not in my plans. Love the purse. Steph

Pat said...

I have learned that if I want to get MY stuff done, I don't mention that I am going out until I have my keys in my hand and am partway out the door!!! You should try it sometime.....by the time they realize what you said, you are gone and they are still sitting there scratching their heads!!! LOL

Winona said...

Nancy, your bag turned out great. I know your swap partner will love it. Winona

Tangos Treasures said...

Pretty bag! Going to go check out the pattern!

Terry said...

Your bag looks great! It always amazes me that two bags (or quilts) made from the same pattern in different fabrics can look so...well...different! But that's a good thing! :0)