Friday, February 11, 2011

oh...the pressure...

Every year it comes around.  Today is hubby's birthday.  He has to be the hardest person to buy for in the world. He doesn't watch sports.  He doesn't collect anything.  He reads, but buy paperbacks at the airport and I have no idea what he has or hasn't already read. He doesn't garden.  He doesn't have a man cave.   He does do a lot of woodwork, but I think he owns every tool there is and a GC to a wood shop is not a very fun thing to wrap.  Today I finally found his gift. We have a Rockler store.  Rockler is to wood working what a quilt shop is to us.  It's a small shop in a very obscure strip mall in a seedy part of town.  I don't really like driving down there...  I walked in and was immediately stared down ... I guess they don't get very many of my gender in there.  I wandered around for a bit before a salesman asked if he could help me.  "No", I said..."I'll know it when I see it".  I had no idea what I was going to get him...but I had faith there would be something there that would be perfect.  After strolling a bit, I found it.  He has been looking at a DeWalt battery operated Circular Saw on Ebay...and he has lost the last couple he bid on.

And we will have spaghetti for dinner and I will surprise him with Coconut Cupcakes... He is a HUGE sweet eater and I can't have them at all.  He can't possibly eat a whole cake by himself.. If I make cupcakes, I can freeze some for later..

So now I can start thinking about Valentines Day... he will be out of town..which is fine. I don't get all excited about Valentines Day.. especially since he already told me what he is getting me...

Click here..

Romantic devil...isn't he?

Nancy

10 comments:

Diane said...

My husband is exactly the same - has everything he wants, or buys it himself. Plus he loves the adventure of finding the best deal, etc. But isn't it fun when you find exactly the right thing?

Anonymous said...

....for a lady who has everything???!! LOL
Donna in KS

Yuki said...

Very Funny! Hissing bugs...oh my. LOL

ttfn :) Yuki

Linda said...

What a great gift for your hubby! He will love it! Meanwhile you have made my day with the hissing roach idea...this will be comparable to the year he gave me a 14-carat necklace - 14 carrots strung on a necklace of twine!

Anonymous said...

Your Valentine gift is too funny. I bet it's nice to be around someone with such a good sense of humor. Enjoy.
cindy

Pat said...

I think it's hard to buy for most men. Now...about that hissing bug.....

Joy said...

I think he'll like his pressie more LOL. Oh well, it's the thought that counts (???);o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Kelly Ann said...

you go girl....and a hissing bug...what a guy..

Lorraine said...

Ha Ha.....nothng says forever like a cockroach......that is priceless! ...I am sure he will love your birthday gift...and the cupcakes look delicious! And since you don't "do" hearts I guess the hissing roach is a good bet! Made my day!

Sharon S said...

I thought it was going to be the stripper pole again! LOL!