Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A different kind of Pinwheel...

This is what is on the design wall today..  My One Star block to take to my guild meeting.  My mug rug is right there underneath it...again ready to take to guild meeting...(I just realized that I might not have the paper with my swap persons name on it...yikes...I hope it's in the bottom of my purse)..and then the right half of my hand pieced Single Girl.





And this is my stuff for class today...   I still have to find some paper scissors and somewhere in my sewing room my fabric scissors are hiding.. I need them to come out NOW!!  I must leave NOW...



And Lynn was right... It's a pinwheel especially for travel...I found the instructions here ...  She uses a fancy doily for the top, but I am a simple gal so it was polka dots for me.  I will use it for my hand piecing...

It's nice because it keeps the sharp edge of the pin hidden, so it's great for traveling... Might make me a couple for gifts... They would be really cute with a monogram embroidered on top...maybe I should get  the old embroidery machine out...nah...I'll just use hand embroidery..

Nancy

9 comments:

Janell said...

I absolutely love your polka dot pinwheel. I think I missed where you got the pattern. Can you let me know again? I'd love to make one for each of my quilting buddies-they all travel and this is so clever AND useful! The polka dots are great.

Nancy said...

Janell you are set as "no reply" so I can't answer your query...

In the blog post, click on the word "here" and it will take you to directly to the page with the instructions for the pinwheel...

Pat said...

What is WITH scissors?? I have some that hide, too! Darn stupid things.....

Jocelyn said...

Now how cool is that! I love to make yo-yo's so this would be a great little project. Thanks for sharing the link for the tutorial.

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for sharing the link!

Deanna said...

The pinwheel is ingenious. Thanks for the link.

Not only do my scissors hide, but thimbles do the same thing. It's a conspiracy!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Nancy thank you so much for the site that has the pinwheel instructions. Looks like something every quilter could use. Love all your projects.

Nancy Page said...

How ingenious is this pinwheel pincushion?! Love the concept and the link. Thank you for sharing. And congratulations to Lynn who guessed correctly. Love the design wall.

Have a super great sewing day.

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love Single Girl. She's pretty no matter what she's wearing.