Thursday, May 5, 2011

do your quilts talk?


I woke up early this morning and after having tea and some cereal....reading email and checking in on my blogs I decided to finish cleaning the sewing room...  It never fails.. As soon as I get the cutting table and ironing surface cleaned up I am compelled to mess it up again.. So out came my quilt challenge project.  I started about a week after we got the fabric and instructions and then got stuck..I didn't like what I had done and put it away..   I got out what I had already pieced together and started "reverse sewing"... Then those little pieces started talking..and talking..and talking..and then it was YELLING!!  And I hurriedly tried to listen and draw sketched out the pattern and started stitching... and stitching...and stitching...and finally I had a top...then I had it pinned...then it was quilted...and now the binding is on and ready to be sewn down.  And now it must be sleeping because it is nice and quiet in the sewing room. whew..and I am tired..but so relieved to be "this close" to being completely done..

There is no "rule" that says we can't show it, but I think I'll keep it off the blog until we have the reveal..which isn't until the second Saturday of June...  I am so happy with myself that I have it almost done.  I will confess to being a chronic procrastinator...although I do pull it out at the last minute...

Today my Redwork group meets.  I haven't been to a meeting since December and have no idea what is going on, but I will gather up my hand stitching and show up...

And then I need to figure out what to take to my Sew In on Saturday...and pack...

 Nancy

6 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Love the colors! Can't wait to see your quilt!!

Tangos Treasures said...

LOL that's funny!! Glad you have it almost done!!

Lynne said...

Mine, do, Nancy... They say, "Don't forget us over here!" Congrats on the inspiring morning. I am chained to my desk grading final exams, but soon... Soon... :)

Diane said...

I can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing a project so early!
Where is the Sew In ???
Bev

Nancy Page said...

Can't wait to see what you came up with. I think mine will be relatively simple compared to all the others.

Have a super great sewing day.