Monday, December 26, 2011

The Last Design Wall Monday of the year...

*
Fa La
La La La
La La La La
!


Well, it's all over... the presents are unwrapped and you have leftovers falling out of the refrigerator..  Now comes the fun part!  You get to reclaim your sewing room!  Mine turned into wrapping central and a warehouse of wrapped presents..along with storage for the extra table and chairs and at one point two bicycles were parked in there..
So here is my design wall today...



That wrapping paper needs to be put away for another eleven months..  On the right is a charity baby quilt...Sometime in the last few weeks I put the blocks together so now it needs quilting..  And the blocks on the left are part of a quilt that I started back in September at a sew-in.  The pattern is by  Kristy who is president of our Modern Quilt Guild in St Louis... It was featured on Moda Bake Shop..
It always takes me awhile to get back into the pattern once I have left it for awhile..So far I have pulled the finished blocks out and separated the other pieces I have.  Today I hope to get back into the pattern and figure out where I left off...lol  

So I will leave you with a photo of the tree right before we had to wake up the son and his girlfriend so they could open presents...it was 9 am and even though we had turned up the sound on the TV...Opened his bedroom door and let the dog in...there still was no sign of life...  Finally I went in and said "Merry Christmas, get up!!"...lol  Then I let him go to her room and wake her up...(yes, we are a PG family, no co-inhabiting til married) ...  Everything was a hit..


Ha...see that big red plastic bag on the right side?  Have you ever tried to wrap a body pillow?  I could not find a gift bag or box big enough, so I just stuffed it right back into the target bag and tied it shut!!  The son opened the body pillow cover and could not figure out what it was... I finally told him that the other part was in the bag...  He liked it then... lol

I of course was spoiled by Santa...A bird feeder to hang outside the sewing room window, a GC to a great local quilt shop, a Garmin. new wallet and a Flat Screen TV for the sewing room...which I have decided to return.. I have a perfectly good TV and I would love to have a DVD player...Now that I have a real library I plan on utilizing it to borrow some good movies to watch while I sew...

The grandkids gave us a selection of games they enjoy to keep at our house...We got Jinga, Sorry and Phase 10.    Can't wait to have a game night! 

And I think the grandkids all loved their presents... They were all here on Christmas Eve...I decided that this year we would have a Mexican food buffet... We would eat and then open gifts... Then we realized "someone" had forgotten to put the chicken enchiladas in the oven! LOL  So we popped them into the oven for 40 minutes and changed the plans...we opened WHILE dinner was cooking...
And we had Birthday Cake for a special grandson who turned NINE!! on Christmas Eve...Chocolate cake, chocolate icing and sprinkles baked by his Great Aunt Cupcake..  

So that's it for 2011...no more design walls this year... On to 2012!!

Nancy




5 comments:

Kristy said...

Sounds like a lovely Christmas celebration Nancy. Your puzzled quilt is coming lovely nicely, I spied it right away on your monster design wall. Happy New Year!

Annie said...

I'm glad to hear there are still PG families! We were the same before our daughter got married. Love the puzzle quilt! I'll have to find that pattern!

Chris said...

I too, must reclaim my sewing room - where gifts, crafts, wrapping and cookie staging all took place. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas! :)

Nancy Page said...

Great design wall! Looks good! The quilts, I mean. Well done! Tree looks great! Sounds like fun was had by all.

Have a super great New Year.

Noémia said...

Remember me?
I wish you a wonderful 2012! :)