Saturday, December 17, 2011

a little bit of sewing...

It's been quite the month and we still have a week to go..  So far I have..

  • attended one viola concert
  • attended one elementary school Christmas concert
  • listened to a a fourth grade class talk about famous "Missourians".  Our granddaughter portrayed Maya Angelou  a famous poet
  • finished the Christmas shopping
  • finished (almost...) the wrapping
  • had an extended family Christmas
  • attended a 40th wedding anniversary party (more on that later)
  • "might" have treated myself to some retail therapy...
and because I had some flannel I made some pillowcases...

one for each of the grandkids..
I met some great friends in Mexico and we did a little retail therapy and lunch...
all fat quarters...
 And I was given this beautiful covered notebook as a Christmas present from a wonderful friend...


Isn't it cute?  I love the bird fabric.. How funny that we picked the same tutorial to use this season... See how she modified it for an adult?  so cute..

I hope to get it together and post about a "surprise anniversary party" sometime this week... in the meantime I need to run to the grocery store and then I bought a little something that caught my eye..and I know I have a bit of stash that is just itching to be sewn together...

See ya soon...

Nancy

4 comments:

Allie said...

My gosh you've had a busy month! Your pillowcases look great, I'm sure they turned out better than mine, lol. Love your fabric and notebook, that's darling!

free indeed said...

I just found some info on pillowcases and have the fabric picked out...going to make one for my 3 yr old grandson with a matching sheet.
Journal covers are on my to do list this coming year for all the grands. THey need something to draw in to keep quiet in church. Going to check out the tute you used....

Splendorfalls said...

When do you sleep Nancy? He he!

Karen said...

Such a busy time. Love those fabrics and your pillowcases are terrific as well.